How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Default BFD2 works stand alone, but as plugin my PT shuts down

Hello,

I have installed BFD2 2.1.0.47 and it works perfect in stand alone mode (with an ASIO4all driver). But when I trie to use BFD2 as a plug-in then my PT sessions shuts down automatically. I get an error message in my native (Dutch) language, so it must be a Windows action.

I have 3GB RAM, and it's possibe to play AT THE SAME TIME a loop in BFD2 via the ASIO4all driver on the speakers of my notebook, and a PT session via the M-Audio Fast Track, so I assume it has nothing to do with not enough RAM or a slow processor. But maybe I'm wrong. Can anybody help me please ?

Kind Regards , Andre
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Re: BFD2 works stand alone, but as plugin my PT shuts down

Try using "Load on Demand" in the BFD2 Engine settings... what happens. Remember that Pro Tools can only access 2GB of that RAM.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseless64 View Post
Hello,

I have installed BFD2 2.1.0.47 and it works perfect in stand alone mode (with an ASIO4all driver). But when I trie to use BFD2 as a plug-in then my PT sessions shuts down automatically. I get an error message in my native (Dutch) language, so it must be a Windows action.

I have 3GB RAM, and it's possibe to play AT THE SAME TIME a loop in BFD2 via the ASIO4all driver on the speakers of my notebook, and a PT session via the M-Audio Fast Track, so I assume it has nothing to do with not enough RAM or a slow processor. But maybe I'm wrong. Can anybody help me please ?

Kind Regards , Andre
its a common ram issue with bfd 2. as rail said, select load on demand. you can also lower your velocity layers which is how we had to do it before this feature. for me it seems to trigger a bit less consistant with load on demand so i would recomend dropping velocity layers.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 AM

Guys, thanks for your time, but your advice is not the solution for my problem. Loading on demand lowers very much the use of RAM , but it's not the (complete ?) solution to my problem. It seems that BFD2 and Pro Tools can not make use of the M-audio Fast Track Ultra 8R at the same time. When I use BFD2 in stand alone mode, via the Fast Track Ultra 8R, then BFD2 works fine. But when I stop the loop which is playing, let BFD2 open, and try to start Pro Tools, I get the error message that Pro Tools can't find the M-audio hardware.
When I set the I/O of BFD2 to ASIO instead of the Fast Track , then I can start up Pro Tools. Pro Tools is working fine then, no problem, until I try to select BFD2 as a plugin on a stereo instrument track... PT is closed doen by Windows.
I have installed the latest driver of the Fast Track Ultra 8R today, it doesn't make a difference. It seems that I have to export the drum track as an audio file into a PT track unless someone has the clue ........
Old 12-06-2009, 11:45 AM

You shouldn't be able to use the same audio interface you're using for Pro Tools with any software while Pro Tools is running. Use a separate audio device.

Rail
Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 AM

Rail, I know. But that is not the case.

To demonstrate is not (only) a RAM issue, I mentioned that it is possible to run the BFD2 via the ASIO driver on the speakers of the PC and PT via the DAW at the same time, both working fine. (although my brains can't stand that mix... )

Back to the problem: I start up my PC with the DAW attached. I open PT, no other software, no internet connection, no firewall, no virus-scanner is running. Everything is working fine, but at the moment I'm selecting BFD2 as a plugin on a stereo instrument track, my PT shuts down immediately.

regards, Andre
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Hi Andre,

Okay - in that case you need to send your BFD2 runtime log to FXpansion..

It's possible you have another plug-in which is incompatible, have you removed all other 3rd party plugins temporarily out of the plugin folder? Try that.

BTW is the path to your BFD2 Data using any non-English characters?

Rail
Old 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM

Hello Rail, can you tell me where I can find a runtime log. That's new to me. In the meantime I ordered an extra GB RAM to see if that solves the problem. No, no difference between 3 or 4 GB RAM
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 PM

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\FXpansion\BFD2\Run Time Logs

Vista: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\FXpansion\BFD2\Run Time Logs

Cheers,

Rail
Old 01-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Rail, I"ve been following this thread and have a related issue. I am running an Intel dual core with 2GB RAM. Very stable system PT LE v 7.3. Just purchased BFD2. I am using in Load on Demand. Every time I exit PT I get Access Violiation occurred. I have to go to task manager to shut PT down. Ideas?