Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-06-2004, 07:52 PM

Default about the bomb factory free plug ins

So i finally got these working and i'm not sure i know exactly what to do wityh them. anyone want to give a quick crash course in these? i heard one of them the BF76 was top notch but i dont' know what to do with it, any help?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:13 PM

Default Re: about the bomb factory free plug ins

These are plugins to be inserted in one of 5 of the Inserts in a Pro Tools session in the Mix Window.
The BF 76 is a compressor used to compress the recorded signal (guitar, vocal, etc.) so that the volume is more even throughout the whole song.

The Clip Remover is to remove clipped audio (distorted) so that it is again usable. The Plugin has never functioned as it's name specifies.

The Correlation Meter is to test and see if two tracks are in phase with one another, to be inserted on a stereo track or stereo Aux input. Meter all the way to the right is in phase, to the left is out.

Meter Bridge- when the Digi supplied meter is not enough, but usually it is.

Noise Meter- when watching the meter and being careful with the buss gain is not enough, again usually it is. I'm open for any more useful uses of this plugin?
I use a Radio Shack Noise meter set to A-Weighted for monitor volume (75- 85dBs)

Funk Logic Mastererizer is used when, well actually it is never used period. Unless for a lo- fi sound effect.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 AM

is the factory bundle worth the extra money?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:03 PM

Y.E.S.!

by all means. The Compressor is my absolute Favourite for Vocals.
Combined with the T.Racks EQ itīs way better than anything I have ever worked with. Want Compression but donīt want to hear it working? Thatīs your Plugg In.

The EQ is a bit more effective than the T.Racks but not as warm.

The Cosmonaut Voice is an Effect you donīt want to use un EVERY track but what it does, it does very nice. Combines 2-3 Pluggs in one to achieve a radio-like sound.

The absolute smashing Plugg is the Delay. You can use it to fatten your Tracks, and unlike other delays, you want to always HEAR it in the mix. You canīt do wrong.

ah yes and of course the maxim... worth a 450 bucks. you can gain up to 10 dB of Loudness. Thatīs what makes the difference between demo Tape and Pro Sound. Iīve been trying for a long time to mix my stuff fat and warm. Spent quite a lot of money. But coldnīt get that sound i was looking for... These Pluggs finally got me at that point. I now use a Logic-PC for MIDI an Sound-Design and do the Mix with my mBox and these pluggs.

itīs definitely pro stuff. But costs CPU power. My system is a Athlon XP 2100+ system based on an nForce2 with 1GB Ram. And iīve almost brought it to peak and above.
I think, next step will be a bigger CPU.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:23 PM

medienhexer - thanks for the point of view
anyone else have a say on whether or not the factory bundle is worth investing in?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 PM

not in my opinion...

If you have some plug in money:

Buy this comp: Sonalksis

Buy this EQ: Voxengo

You can do an amazing amount with just these two plugs!

You'll of course need the Vst to Rtas wrapper.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:20 AM

Depends on how much you're going to pay for the Factory Edition. The best price I could get for the Factory Edition was only Ģ50 more than the best price I could find for the standard MBox - plus the fact that no-one seemed to have a standard MBox in stock [checks cynical comments] persuaded me.

I haven't honestly had much of a chance to play with things, but I'd agree about the delay and T-Racks. The Meequaliser is also pretty easy to use if you're not a big fan of the whole parametric thang...

The best plugin though is the tuner, which is more handy than you'd think. I'm just wondering how useful it would be if I'm trying to get my BV's in tune - it would tell me when I'm out (but not fix it - I'll have to do that manually. Orally. Whatever!)

Jim