Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-17-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Logic for Mac OS X any easier to use?

I know this is off topic. However, I need a graphical music notation application that I can use with my 2 - Digi 001s. One puter will have Pro Tools sync'd to another puter which will use Logic.

I have sucessfully used this configuration in the past. However, I find the Pre-Apple Corp. version of Logic is simply awful to use and control. Is the newest version more simple to use?

Any insights would be welcome. Thanx.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Logic for Mac OS X any easier to use?

bump
Old 04-18-2004, 05:13 PM

The new Logic Pro is actually still officially an eMagic product and is no different than the last Logic Platinum package, only difference is it comes bundled with all the instruments in one box (and what a value, may I add).

I just got Logic Pro and while I look forward to getting a good grip on it, get ready for some "hot coco-sit-down & read" time with the manual and/or a third party book (I bought the Apple Training Series book on Logic 6). It's extremely powerful but you'll soon realise how easy ProTools is to learn and use. Not rocket science by any means, but not as straightforward right out of the box.

Having said that, the rumors are pretty conclusive that version 7, which should be out late summer/early fall, will be called "Apple Logic 7" and will include 3 new instruments and a long-awaited interface redesign (streamlined, sleeker, etc.).

Old 04-19-2004, 03:38 AM

Just as I thought... Thanx for the info.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:09 PM

I really didn't like logic at all. I bought it and tried it for almost half a year and found that it wasn't for me. Protools is soo stremed lined and efficient while logic is convoluted with too many screens, menues and weird ways of doing things that don't make sense (for any audio engineer). It does have some nice features like user programable short cut keys, but the audio editing is simply rediculous. I'd say only use it for midi, anyhting else will just frustrate you. I don't know how anybody can cut up audio with that program. Simply retarted. They need some MAJOR renevations before I"d ever consider dropping $1000 for it.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I need a graphical music notation application
why not www.sibelius.com instead of some logic crap? sibelius is a killer if you think about ease of use, and the output quality is also on print house level.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:45 AM

You can't sync Sibelius to Midi clock. Thanx anyway.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:15 AM

I've got a copy of logic express version 6...i've used logic version 5, b4 it became exclusive to mac, and its basically the same deal...version 6 looks a little nicer and there are sum better audioinstruments....although my version "express" doesn't include the best audioinstruments, you have to purchase them seperately, isn't that always the case...i mainly use it for MIDI, usually never with audio, i find the editing with MIDI quite easy especially the matrix editor which is great.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:55 PM

Bump
Old 04-21-2004, 05:11 PM

Try the Logic forums over at Sonikmatter, probably get a more accurate answer there.