Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-28-2021, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 2021.7 and MOV bounces

Hi Randall,

I looked for this script on the Soundflow site and forum but couldn't find it ....
How is it called please?
I'd like to bounce all the reels of a feature at once

thanks
gugu
Old 08-30-2021, 07:51 AM

I sent you a PM. Send me your email and I will email it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugu View Post
Hi Randall,

I looked for this script on the Soundflow site and forum but couldn't find it ....
How is it called please?
I'd like to bounce all the reels of a feature at once

thanks
gugu
Denver, CO
Old 08-31-2021, 12:15 AM

Thanks a lot
but I didn't see your PM
I sent you one with my email

gugu
Old 08-31-2021, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
Thanks,

It is something that I looked into. However, it would be adding an extra manual step to this process. We do thousands of these per month, sometimes 30 - 50 in a single batch. Having to wait for that to finish before I can upload and tag in our MAM would not go over well.

That said, what I really need is to be working in an IMF component based workflow where all of our versions are derived from metadata and made automatically with one set of audio files...

Randall
Feeling your pain..
What our on air promo teams have been doing the last years is transitioning to a workflow where we mix the 'generic' version of a promo and the airing info ('next friday 8pm on SuperDuperTV' etc.) is added dynamically by the playout system. Both audio and graphics.
Of course not because of our pains, but that way they can shuffle the programming timinig-wise last minute and not having to panic because the already mixed promos don't reflect the on-air programming schedule change.

Sounds great in theory, but of course opens a whole other can of worms..
Old 08-31-2021, 06:38 AM

This is what I have been trying to do here, with in IMF/CPL workflow. Getting buy in on it is surprisingly difficult considering how much manual labor it would save.

This might just be the issue that forces this change.

In your case, the cards are being added in Playout, or are you using metadata from your traffic system to create CPLs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
Feeling your pain..
What our on air promo teams have been doing the last years is transitioning to a workflow where we mix the 'generic' version of a promo and the airing info ('next friday 8pm on SuperDuperTV' etc.) is added dynamically by the playout system. Both audio and graphics.
Of course not because of our pains, but that way they can shuffle the programming timinig-wise last minute and not having to panic because the already mixed promos don't reflect the on-air programming schedule change.

Sounds great in theory, but of course opens a whole other can of worms..
Denver, CO
Old 09-01-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
This is what I have been trying to do here, with in IMF/CPL workflow. Getting buy in on it is surprisingly difficult considering how much manual labor it would save.

This might just be the issue that forces this change.

In your case, the cards are being added in Playout, or are you using metadata from your traffic system to create CPLs?
Everything is added during playout and controlled by the on-air scheduling system.. I'd have to ask exactly how it's done.
For is this means there are certain rules (f.e. no VO for at least X seconds before the end) to follow to accomodate the audio added during playout.

Somehow in my world no one wants to go the IMF route, so we jump through some really interesting hoops, especially with longer Dolby Atmos&Vision content..
Old 09-01-2021, 06:31 AM

Thanks for that. I might have to pick your brain a bit on this offline, as it might be a good solution for us as well. There are certain departments that do not, for whatever reason, want to go IMF - even though it is really the best way forward...

Randall

Quote:
Everything is added during playout and controlled by the on-air scheduling system.. I'd have to ask exactly how it's done.
For is this means there are certain rules (f.e. no VO for at least X seconds before the end) to follow to accomodate the audio added during playout.

Somehow in my world no one wants to go the IMF route, so we jump through some really interesting hoops, especially with longer Dolby Atmos&Vision content..
Denver, CO
Old 09-01-2021, 06:39 AM

For what it’s worth, going back to the TC issue. Shutter Encoder works great for kinds of conversions and TC re-stamping.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/
Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that. I might have to pick your brain a bit on this offline, as it might be a good solution for us as well. There are certain departments that do not, for whatever reason, want to go IMF - even though it is really the best way forward...

Randall
Randall, happy to jump on a Teams/Zoom call any time. I would have some questions to your inhouse IMF workflows, especially how you deal with things like MAM integration, encoding etc.
Just shoot me an EMail.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Randall, happy to jump on a Teams/Zoom call any time. I would have some questions to your inhouse IMF workflows, especially how you deal with things like MAM integration, encoding etc.
Just shoot me an EMail.
I sent you an email. Let's set something up.

Randall
Denver, CO