Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-05-2020, 05:38 AM

Default RX6 Connect and PT2020 broken?

Hey all,

Just upgraded to 2020.5 (from 2019.6) and all is going great with folder tracks etc etc.

However I'm seeing a consistent issue with using Izotope RX6 Connect:

I send audio out to RX to fix, send it back and render, and PT won't play (it does that irritating 'pause' thing which was a bug a few years back.)

Only a restart of PT fixes it.

Done all the usual trash preferences stuff, and I've also had a solid hunt on Google to see if this is a known issue, but can't seem to find anything.

I guess I'm happy to upgrade to RX7 if this is fixed, but just wondering if this is anything which anyone else has experienced?

Thanks in advance!
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe
Old 06-05-2020, 07:33 AM

Default Re: RX6 Connect and PT2020 broken?

Just a long shot: Does the "release when not in use" checkbox in RX CoreAudio prefs make a difference?

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 06-05-2020, 08:02 AM

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check that out...Sounds exactly like the sort of thing which might be a cause (though it was working fine with 2019.6)

Just tried it again and (of course!) now it's working as expected, but I've had it hang like this several times in the last few days, and I'm not sure what I'm doing differently when it does cause a hang.

I was wondering if it might be an issue regarding saving the file (or not) in RX before sending back to PT...

What would be really useful would be for Izotope (and actually all developers) to keep details of their legacy release notes available as an archive. I literally can't anywhere find info as to whether this is a known issue (and therefore fixed) or if it's a system specific issue which therefore may or may not be fixed by me upgrading to RX7 (which otherwise I don't particularly need)

Sorry... Rant over...
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe
Old 06-06-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson View Post
Hey Rich,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check that out...Sounds exactly like the sort of thing which might be a cause (though it was working fine with 2019.6)

Just tried it again and (of course!) now it's working as expected, but I've had it hang like this several times in the last few days, and I'm not sure what I'm doing differently when it does cause a hang.

I was wondering if it might be an issue regarding saving the file (or not) in RX before sending back to PT...

What would be really useful would be for Izotope (and actually all developers) to keep details of their legacy release notes available as an archive. I literally can't anywhere find info as to whether this is a known issue (and therefore fixed) or if it's a system specific issue which therefore may or may not be fixed by me upgrading to RX7 (which otherwise I don't particularly need)

Sorry... Rant over...
I just visited Izotope's web site and noticed links for demo versions. I wonder if an install of the RX7 demo would reveal whether or not it solves the problem?