Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-22-2018, 06:34 AM

Default drum sample software skipping

Anyone know why when trying to edit my drums or , really just playing back , it seems like the drumsoftware , either ssd or superior , is killin my cpu. I have tried drastically reducing the number of plugins to no avail. thaks
Old 08-23-2018, 03:13 AM

Default Re: drum sample software skipping

In addition to optimizing your OS for PT, try any of these.

Reduce the density of automation in places where it shows the most activity.

Turn off the displaying of Send Assignment Level Meters, Insert Gain Reduction Meters, and Track Gain Reduction Meters (by deselecting the display option in the Metering Preferences page).

Reduce the number of instances of Native plug-ins, or convert the Native plug-ins to DSP plug-ins (where possible).

Reduce the overall amount of Elastic Audio real~time processing by switching to rendered processing.

Increase the Cache Size setting (disk cache) in the Playback Engine dialog box.

Verify that ENABLE GPU is checked in the Operation page of the Preferences dialog box. By default, Pro Tools' video processing is enabled on the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit). This transfers video processing to the GPU, freeing up the CPU for Pro Tools audio and MIDI. However, slower GPUs may encounter poor video playback, in which case this option can be disabled, causing the video processing to be done on the CPU.

Render clip gain in tracks

Claw-click fader VUs to make them narrow.

Turn off Wi-Fi

Close all unnecessary apps (internet browsers, mail, etc.)

If using the low latency option, check the MIDI thru setting in MIDI change the default MIDI Thru set to "none" otherwise, all MID & Instrument tracks will be set to the low-latency domain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro