Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM

Default Eleven Rack - Ready to Pull Trigger but:

I am close to throwing down but wanted some input on sensitivity. I have watched all the videos - read a ton of reviews and most of the posts here.

I would like to know if the Eleven Rack catches the nuances of the guitar volume well? Does the amp / mic / cabinet config on the crunchier tones respond to the guitar volume being lowered - as a for example old jcm half stack would? Does it clean up the the crunch as you lower the guitar volume or does the distortion / crunch remain constant as you lower the tone?

Thx
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack - Ready to Pull Trigger but:

The unit reacts to volume changes so well...sometimes I think a little too well. In other words, sometimes it seems like the 11R amps clean up a little more than the real world amps do. I felt the same way about the Axe-Fx. So I definitely wouldn't let it worry you - the input sensitivity is there for sure.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgroovy View Post
I am close to throwing down but wanted some input on sensitivity. I have watched all the videos - read a ton of reviews and most of the posts here.

I would like to know if the Eleven Rack catches the nuances of the guitar volume well? Does the amp / mic / cabinet config on the crunchier tones respond to the guitar volume being lowered - as a for example old jcm half stack would? Does it clean up the the crunch as you lower the guitar volume or does the distortion / crunch remain constant as you lower the tone?

Thx
The reason I bought the Eleven Rack is because I believe it does just that....it cleans up well with volume changes...the link to this video shows how volume and pickup changes affect the plexi (excuse my playing!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XbLrU92Cnxw
Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 PM

That is one of the main things that sets the 11R apart. Its feel. Just like a real amp to me. The True Z impedance circuit is to thank.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Pippin View Post
That is one of the main things that sets the 11R apart. Its feel. Just like a real amp to me. The True Z impedance circuit is to thank.
+1
It also responds very well to different guitars/pickups. So now I got all my guitars in a pile around me
The True-Z feature really delivers
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM

I think the Eleven Rack in general is a class act.

I was one of the first off the line with modelers (much to the chagrin of my peers - no tube amps?). When Line 6 came out with the AXSYS 212, I ordered mine prior to release.

The Rocktron Chameleon, Johnson Millennium, Vetta 1 & 2, Vox AVT 120 (i think that was the name), ART, etc. You get the picture.

As a lead guitarist performing in working top 40 pop/rock cover bands, modeling racks and amps have worked well for me. Most of the people in the audience's I perform for simply want to hear a song as recorded (for the most part). This include sounds they are familiar with. Most don't know whether you ripped 80 notes or 10 notes in 30 seconds. Nor do they care.

For a straight guitar sound (non-synth like), since EXRP 2.0.1, the Eleven Rack has become my go to guitar rack.

That does not mean there are not a bunch of other outstanding products out there. We guitarists are a subjective bunch. But for me, right now, the Eleven Rack is working for me.

Note I am not using it as a PT interface.

All in all, I think Avid has had a hell of a year, fiscal or otherwise.
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 PM

Sold - Thanks everyone - Consider trigger pulled.