Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2019, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Nice deal on Eventide's Blackhole @ US$29 was US$199

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
If you like reverb it is worth checking out.
Got it yesterday (missed out last time around) and also got the Vol 3 presets from Synth Presets. Volumes 1-2-3 are on sale. $13 per pack
https://www.synth-presets.com/Preset...tegory&path=62
Old 04-12-2019, 01:27 PM

I need a little push (because I like Eventide so I want this), could any of you friends tell me what makes this reverb unique?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I picked up the One Knob Pumper a long time ago. I don't use it often, mainly because I don't often do the kind of songs that need that sort of thing. But, that said, it has some very nice features. You can set some interesting off beat times to get some really cool rhythmic variations, which can be automated for even more creative effect. For example, take a standard sustained synth pad, duplicate the track. Put pumper on track one at full tilt with one rate and the same on track two at a different one. Pan one left, one right, and things can get really interesting fast! Dial back to Pumper to allow the original pad to come through a bit and gets even nicer. Pumper can definitely get your creative juices flowing! (and no Christopher, there's no sexual innuendo in that sentence! )
I just tried this on a session and it is a beautiful stereo effect, easy to do, no phase problems and incredibly useful, can I make a video? I will give all the credit to you!
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I just tried this on a session and it is a beautiful stereo effect, easy to do, no phase problems and incredibly useful, can I make a video? I will give all the credit to you!

Go right ahead, Andrei. Here's an additional twist. Instead of 2 duplicate tracks, do 3 but do NOT put Pumper on it. Run the One Knob Pumper at 10 on tracks 1&2 with whatever beat you wish. Then fade in track #3 with the original patch to taste. What that will do is keep the hard edge of the pumper, while still having the presence of the original pad. Turning the Pumper dial down has a similar effect, but tends to round off the edge of the beats being created. Just a thought.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Go right ahead, Andrei. Here's an additional twist. Instead of 2 duplicate tracks, do 3 but do NOT put Pumper on it. Run the One Knob Pumper at 10 on tracks 1&2 with whatever beat you wish. Then fade in track #3 with the original patch to taste. What that will do is keep the hard edge of the pumper, while still having the presence of the original pad. Turning the Pumper dial down has a similar effect, but tends to round off the edge of the beats being created. Just a thought.
Thank you very much Donald! I was thinking about using this to explain multi mono inserts on Pro Tools as well, that way there's no need to duplicate the track, of course this new idea is worth trying for sure! I just need your last name or the name you use for credits, etc
Old 04-13-2019, 03:49 AM

Thanks so much for the tip regarding Pumper and Blackhole guys! Excellent finds!
Old 04-13-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Thank you very much Donald! I was thinking about using this to explain multi mono inserts on Pro Tools as well, that way there's no need to duplicate the track, of course this new idea is worth trying for sure! I just need your last name or the name you use for credits, etc

The name I use for anything I do in music is Donnie Alan and my studio business is Dragon Rock Productions

Old 04-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
The name I use for anything I do in music is Donnie Alan and my studio business is Dragon Rock Productions
I took the name of your studio from your profile and used the name Donald M, I hope that's ok too, if not let me know and I'll try to fix the export and re upload (I delete the original screen captures and save only the export so fixes have to be done over the compressed master video), if ok it should be published tomorrow, I'll paste a link
I can also use the correct name and paste the link your website in the description of the video, I just I couldn't find it
Old 04-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I was going to ask about this, thanks. Btw, I found this link to get Waves OneKnob Pumper (the only OneKnob I think does something pretty unique) free https://www.waves.com/account/onekno...r8drWq8q3u4MNQ
It said it was free before 10th but it still works
Thanks Amagras! The free Pumper link worked for me, too.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I took the name of your studio from your profile and used the name Donald M, I hope that's ok too, if not let me know and I'll try to fix the export and re upload (I delete the original screen captures and save only the export so fixes have to be done over the compressed master video), if ok it should be published tomorrow, I'll paste a link
I can also use the correct name and paste the link your website in the description of the video, I just I couldn't find it

Don't worry about it. Its not that big of deal.