Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2022, 02:07 PM

Default DUC is really bad now.

Two of the posts I made the last two hours are simply gone. I'm shure I posted them. Another post I made inbetween is showing. I tried logging out and in again and deleted cookies to no avail.

Oh, F… this; even an edit of my post suddenly disappeared.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 04-02-2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:24 PM

Default Re: DUC is really bad now.

Hi Ben

Did you only delete your Browser’s DUC cookies?

Please see attached image – when I’m denied access, I delete all cookies listed under avid.com, such as:

avid.com
cdn-www.avid.com
duc.avid.com
my.avid.com
shop.avid.com
www.avid.com

Restarted computer – then access was no longer denied
(“Immediate access” that is – I’m assuming the cookies will build up again and will need deleting in the future)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delete cookies.jpg (14.9 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 04-02-2022, 05:31 PM

I'm on the verge of giving up.
I'm too old to jump thru hoops.
It's like my old pub; why am I even here?
All the old pals are gone.
I dunno.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:32 PM

I value the pearls of wisdom (gems of information!) scattered right throughout the DUC – from people such as yourself, albee1952(Dave), Darryl Ramm, JFreak, BScout, The Weed – I know I could easily fill another page, thanking countless more unmentioned contributors who help everyone decipher Pro Tools.

Taking a break can be good for the soul – but, for the love of Pro Tools, please remember that the “DUC Brains Trust” is an international treasure that helps people everywhere.

And don’t forget that when you install Pro Tools, it says in the EULA that you can temporarily stop DUC posting, but you must always return!
(I actually made that last sentence up, but if no-one reads the EULA, who would know?)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 04-03-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I'm on the verge of giving up.
I'm too old to jump thru hoops.
It's like my old pub; why am I even here?
All the old pals are gone.
I dunno.
To get drunk

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-04-2022, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
...jump thru hoops...
Delete cookies. Keep browser updated (I like Chrome). Run CCleaner & spyware. Keep Windows up-to-date. Just everyday computer maintenance & normal safe browsing stuff, really.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 04-04-2022, 04:43 AM

Default DUC is really bad now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
Delete cookies. Keep browser updated (I like Chrome). Run CCleaner & spyware. Keep Windows up-to-date. Just everyday computer maintenance & normal safe browsing stuff, really.

He’s on a new Mac Mini M1. I doubt any of his issues are related to an out of date browser or spyware.

For the record, I solely browse and post on the DUC via TapaTalk and I encounter issues too. Really sluggish response on certain days. Doesn’t happen on other forums via TapaTalk, just the DUC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 04-04-2022 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
He’s on a new Mac Mini M1...
Sorry, missed that. Actually DUC is "okay" for me on Windows except when posting, it keeps asking me to sign - in even after I have already signed in!
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 04-21-2022, 09:35 PM

I submitted a post a day or so ago without incident.

I got some genuinely helpful replies, which I have been trying to Reply to.

Most of the time, my reply (it's long - eg, includes a Sandra report) takes me to an "Access Denied" page.

I have to constantly log in and re-log in through the process of attempting to Reply.

I tried breaking up my long reply into two parts. Those seem to "work" (ie, I get that notification that a moderator will have to approve etc) but after waiting > 12 hours, my Replies are still not posted.

To EGS, The Weed, Albee 1852 and Darryl Ramm. If you see this post, thanks for helping me. None of my replies seem to work, so sadly I might not ever be able to get back to you.

Regards,

Lord Gerkin
Old 04-21-2022, 09:51 PM

Permission Denied is a mess of a problem on DUC. I lost it the other day. I've been having it recently on one thread (seems to be very specific to a thread and once it starts happening to it...). I also had problem replying to your thread. To me the only thing that works some of the time is breaking up posts to be shorter or waiting to somebody else to reply. I'll reply with a dummy post in that thread and you can see if that helps.

You probably have stuff to do, run Sandara reports, doing or rechecking optimization, troubleshooting and maybe reading up about some of the things mentioned. You can just work on stuff and reply later, the thread will get noticed again.

If you are totally dead in the water you can PM me, but lets try to keep stuff in the thread.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-21-2022 at 10:08 PM.