Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM

Default Machine Control w Sync I/O, Port = Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

I'm running Pro Tools HD 10.2.0 with the Machine Control option and when I navigate to the Peripherals setup I don't see either of the Sync I/O ports (1 or 2) for Machine Control. The only item visible in the Port selection pop-up is Bluetooth-PDA-Sync.

I have reset the firmware on the Sync but this doesn't seem like a Sync issue. PT sees the Sync fine - no problems manipulating it from the software. I just can't see the two ports.

I'm running a MacPro with an HD2, single 192 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!
Mark
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 PM

Question Re: Machine Control w Sync I/O, Port = Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

Is the SYNC connected to the port on your Core card or the first HDX card? Is the remote mode LED lit on the SYNC when Pro Tools is open?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Machine Control w Sync I/O, Port = Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

Thanks for the note back...

Initially this was on a PT system with an HD2. It's now happening on a system with a Native card and Omni.

I swapped out the Sync I/O w another Sync Classic and host cable and the same problem is occurring.

I don't think it's a Sync issue - seems more like PT software not showing the 9-pin ports (for some reason). All other functionality of the Sync is normal. All three leds light on the sync, changing perameters works correctly for all functions in the Session Setup window.

I have another sync HD that is working correctly with Machine Control on a different MacPro - same exact OS & PT install. On that system Sync Port 1 and 2 show up - but so does Bluetooth-PDA-Sync.

Baffled...
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM

With the Native systems and Pro Tools 10 you HAVE to use a USB to serial adapter (ie a Keyspan USA-28). It simply doesn't work properly with a native system.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomark View Post
Thanks for the note back...

Initially this was on a PT system with an HD2. It's now happening on a system with a Native card and Omni.

I swapped out the Sync I/O w another Sync Classic and host cable and the same problem is occurring.

I don't think it's a Sync issue - seems more like PT software not showing the 9-pin ports (for some reason). All other functionality of the Sync is normal. All three leds light on the sync, changing perameters works correctly for all functions in the Session Setup window.

I have another sync HD that is working correctly with Machine Control on a different MacPro - same exact OS & PT install. On that system Sync Port 1 and 2 show up - but so does Bluetooth-PDA-Sync.

Baffled...
Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
With the Native systems and Pro Tools 10 you HAVE to use a USB to serial adapter (ie a Keyspan USA-28). It simply doesn't work properly with a native system.

Randall
Yup. Not well documented on the site at all.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...rue&popup=true

I had to find out through the DUC (ta folks)
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM

Confirmed - the Keyspan works fine. Thank you sooo much!

The DUC comes through again.

Thanks!!
-Mark