Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Default Audio won't record through instrument input

Hey,
I've seen similar questions on other boards, but with no resolutions. Basically, the microphone input on the Fast Track words fine, and easily records into Pro Tools SE. But when I plug in my synth (a MicroKorg, if that matters) through a standard guitar cable (or 'instrument cable', I've tried both), I hear it though the direct monitor, but once I arm an audio track, it doesn't register, and doesn't record anything.
If I also plug in the M-Audio USB MIDI controller, I can hear both the synth sounds and the MIDI controlled ones, but only the MIDI stuff actually records.
I downloaded the latest drivers and everything, but to no avail.
I've only used my synth so far, but I'm getting an electric guitar soon, so I'd really like to figure out how to get this to record, I feel like I must just be overlooking something.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Chris
Old 02-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Audio won't record through instrument input

Are you assigning the track input according to the physical interface input? Does the fast track have a switch to go between mic and line level signals?

www.studiofifty.net

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad, 10.6.6, 12GB Ram, PT9, Logic 9, Kontakt, East West, VSL, Waves, Sound Toys, IK Multimedia
RME FF UC, Focusrite Octopre mkii, UA LA 610 mkii, MC Transport, Yamaha HS80M, Lauten, AKG, Sure, Blue
Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Hello Corey,
Make sure you choose input 2 in Pro Tools to use the 1/4 input(Guitar input). XLR(mic plug) shows up in Pro Tools as input 1. You can make this choice next to the title on the track.

The midi keyboard is only going to record midi in Pro Tools. If you would like to create an audio track from a midi performance, Solo the track or tracks you would like to turn into audio. Go to File/ Export Audio. Once you have created the audio track, go to File/Import, and inport it as a new track.
That should be it.

Cameron
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 AM

Thanks a lot! I had totally looked past the input number, now I'm good to go!