Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2008, 02:55 PM

Default Structure? How to divide a sample(patch into multiplel parts

Lets say I drag a drum loop aiff file onto structure full version, so far so good. How would i divide the sample up to seperate parts and assign them to different keys, (I know how to assign to different keys) Whats the easiest way. the only way i know how to is to copy part then paste part and change the selection of the sample. But that produces a sorta subpatch feature. Who knows how this most effiecient way of doing this?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Structure? How to divide a sample(patch into multiplel p

Being a "slice and dice" guy myself, I understand your problem. I have tried to do the same in Structure as well, but the process is tedious at best. What I have resolved to do in this scenario is go with a tool that is made for slicing and dicing, and that's Propellerheads' Recycle application. Your benefits in going this direction would be twofold. First, by doing your slicing in Recycle, you can set the start and end points of all of the hits in the entire loop. This will import into Structure seamlessly and will spread each of the hits on individual keys for you. Secondly, you would have a beat mapped loop as an end product as well, which you can use at any tempo without the pitch changing. For my time and workflow, I don't know of a better combo than Recycle and Structure for creating/processing loop material. Hope this helps.

Lew
Old 03-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Structure? How to divide a sample(patch into multiplel p

ok i figured this out a little while back and thought i'd tell ya. when you under edit window you select the part, control click and select copy, then paste, then select both, copy, paste, etc till you have as many parts youd like to break the sample up into. then its just a matter of renaming and remapping, fairly easy.