Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2001, 04:00 PM

Default Problems with getting paired channels to track together

I'm using a Cooper CS-10/2 controller in my ProTools LE studio. I often create several short (:60 second) projects in the same session. On occasion when I jump to a new location marker after finishing one project, I arrive at the next project to find that some of the paired stereo channels are suddenly out of balance. When I left the preceding section, the paired channels were at the same level. At the new location they can be as much as several dB apart. And the only way I know to correct the problem is to go to the menu that groups channels, click to un-group them, move the pair of faders to either end of the range so that their settings are indentical, re-group them, and continue. It's a time-consuming and seemingly unnecessary procedure. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Could the controller have anything to do with it?
Old 02-19-2001, 01:40 PM
Avid

Default Re: Problems with getting paired channels to track together

It sounds like your automation is changing. It may depend on the mode you work in. Touch mode is pretty safe, but it may not be as fast as other modes. You could enable volume and put a set of markers at the start and end of each section so when you are writing automation on one section it does not affect the volume data in others.
DS