Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-06-2010, 07:15 AM

Default The $99 PT 9 Crossgrade for new LE hardware purchased after October 4th

Please don't get me wrong. I think $250 for LE users to upgrade is a GREAT price for what we will get. But for the people who just bought or are in the process of buying a new LE rig - if Avid is offering the $99 crossgrade to for the purchase since October 4th I think is even better. This question is left out of the sticky FAQ at the top of the forum. I happen to be one of the people who just made a new purchase. I already own a 002 Console and added a 003 rack to our studio. UPS just dropped it off yesterday. Before I break all the seals on the software I was hoping to get a confirmation from AVID or one of the DUC community members on the $99 corssgrade option. I know they spoke about it in the AES Q and A, but other than that I have gotten no word from Avid. I submitted a ticket to them and have not heard back, the folks at the store have no information, and I have nothing in the forum or on the Avid website.

Should you have any info on this I would love for you to share it here. Again I am not complaining about the price, but i don't think anyone would like to pay more than they are supposed to for any product.

Thank you in advance for all your help. PT 9 looks GREAT for LE users.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 AM

Default Re: The $99 PT 9 Crossgrade for new LE hardware purchased after October 4th

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...id=AV-SM-PT9-2
Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Re: The $99 PT 9 Crossgrade for new LE hardware purchased after October 4th

@lheagle - I have read the FAQ over and over. It talks about registering toolkits, HD systems and so on, but there is no mention of NEW le hardware purchases and the upgrade options. Please fell free to correct me if I am wrong or perhaps pate the section of the FAQ here.

If you are referring to

Q: If I buy a Pro Tools LE system now—or just purchased one—am I entitled to a free crossgrade to Pro Tools 9?
A: Because Pro Tools 9 is a new Pro Tools product and not an upgrade version of Pro Tools LE, we will not be offering any free crossgrades to Pro Tools 9.

I am not looking for a FREE upgrade. But the $99 crossover they talked about at the AES Launch.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Hi Brad,

I'm not sure about the process, but I am sure about the $99 crossgrade. just watched the AES presentation and was particularly agreeable about the purchase/upgrade options...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Hi Ray - Yes I saw that as well, but it is the only place I can find mention. I will be buying the $249 crossgrade for my 002 Console - now i just need to find the process for this 003 Rack that I just got yesterday.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:30 AM

Avid may be offering this $99. upgrade only to the people that have upgraded to PT8 for $150. since Oct 4, and not new hardware purchases with PTLE included… We haven't had this cleared up yet.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-07-2010, 01:11 AM

add me to the list of wondering about the $99 upgrade
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 AM

+1

Upgraded to 8 a week ago.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:41 AM

Your not alone, I've been wondering about the $99 upgrade too, and started a similar thread to this in the windows LE section of the DUC yesterday.
I contacted Russ on the AVid User Blog about this and he is trying to get a definative answer from Avid which he'll post on the Air User Blog.

I'm looking forward to using PT9, it's just do I pay the $249 (which isn't a problem if that's what it is) or do I pay $99 (registered a new Mbox3 in Oct) and have some cash left over for a few nights out down the pub !

Cheerio

Clive
Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearlymen View Post
do I pay the $249 or do I pay $99 (registered a new Mbox3 in Oct) and have some cash left over for a few nights out down the pub !

Cheerio

Clive
Your shout, mate

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid