Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 AM

Default A myriad of problems with MP9!

Hi all,

I recently got Pro Tools MP 9 along with the Avid KeyStudio. There are several things I am trying to do but whatever I try just seems to be useless:

1. Trying to get the KeyStudio 49 keyboard to work/be recognised (pretty sure I've installed all the necessary drivers)

2. Trying to get any other playback engine than 'micro' (no idea how to change this)

3. I can't get any playback sounds at all (probably tied into the playback engine)

I am new to this so please forgive me if there is some huge glaring thing I've overlooked!

My system specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2000 3.3GHz
Ram: 8GB

Any help would be very gratefully received as (like you) I spent money on this and would hate for it to become obsolete!

Thanks again,

James H
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Re: A myriad of problems with MP9!

What audio interface device do you have? You must have a compatible audio interface device to use with MP9.

I recently (within the last month) installed MP9, but I have a compatible device an MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R USB connected recording interface and MP9 automatically detected the device and set it up as the sound device.

The keystudio 49i is NOT an audio interface unit.

Here is the Avid list of hardware and the many MAudio interface devices that are compatible with MP9:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=408271

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:18 AM

I have a USB micro which came with the key studio and I don't know if that counts as an audio interface.

It may be something as simple as that which is giving me a problem
Old 12-04-2011, 04:34 PM

The USB micro, according to what I find, will work as the audio device. Did it come with drivers to install so it will work?

Member of Nashville R.O.P.E. Assn.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM

This may sound stupid but I don't really understand how the usb to can work as an audio interface. I've been somewhat lazy with trying to get pro tools to work but that is primarily due to other things getting in the way. I will get the drivers and updates installed this weekend and I'll see if i have made any progress.