Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Default I Need Help With My Mbox and MXL 990 MIC

I'm having 3 issues and I can not find a fix for any of them.

So I plugged in my MXL 990 into my m box downloaded the drivers for windows 10, and for a few minutes, I could hear the output when I would hit playback in my windows ten sound settings. After opening my Mbox control panel I can no longer hear any output from windows but I can see there is sound in the M box control panel so I don't know where the sound is going and how to redirect its output.

Now for the bigger issue, I have one wire plugged into my M box Mic line Input 01. Now even when mono is selected on the Mbox and on the Mbox control panel. it will not play mono no matter what I do, no matter what option is selected the mic will only play out of the left ear I can not get it to play mono no matter what fixes I have tried so far. Please help If there are any solutions please post a pictures of where to click as I look at older threads I am unable to see a lot of options that people are talking about.

EI this thread where I have no 'OUTPUT SETUP' after clicking setup its just strait up not there on the program
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=303395
Old 09-01-2021, 03:15 PM

Default Re: I Need Help With My Mbox and MXL 990 MIC

Hi. Welcome.
Have a look here:
Help Us Help You
Specifically the section about optimizing Pro Tools on Windows. Do all recommendations.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:37 AM

Default Re: I Need Help With My Mbox and MXL 990 MIC

I'm having 3 issues and I can not find a fix for any of them.

So I plugged in my MXL 990 into my m box downloaded the drivers for windows 10, and for a few minutes, I could hear the output when I would hit playback in my windows ten sound settings. After opening my Mbox control panel I can no longer hear any output from windows but I can see there is sound in the M box control panel so I don't know where the sound is going and how to redirect its output.For all Windows users, open Sound Properties and make sure Windows is using the on-board sound card as the Default Playback Device. This leaves the Mbox under the control of Pro Tools only

Now for the bigger issue, I have one wire plugged into my M box Mic line Input 01. Now even when mono is selected on the Mbox and on the Mbox control panel. it will not play mono no matter what I do, no matter what option is selected the mic will only play out of the left ear I can not get it to play mono no matter what fixes I have tried so far. Please help If there are any solutions please post a pictures of where to click as I look at older threads I am unable to see a lot of options that people are talking about.
This is probably because you are trying to record your mic(a mono source) to a stereo track. Create a MONO AUDIO track whenever you are recording with a single mic.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave