Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 PM

Default Loop sync AND external clocking

Hey guys,
Wiring up the new rig with a Sync I/O, three 16x16s AND a Big Ben.
Is there an issue with wiring the system using the loop sync protocol, AS WELL as wiring the Big Ben to external clock inputs on each I/O?

When I do this, its seems that regardless of how I choose to clock the rig in session setup, it ignores the external clock choice.
Unless....
the Sync I/O is physically powered off.

any insight would be appreciated.

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Loop sync AND external clocking

I don't know anything about clocking but are you syncing multiple systems together or using video. If you are not, why use the sync i/o at all. Is the Big Ben even of the same quality as the HD16x16 clocking wise of coarse.
Like I said I have 0 experience with clocking just seems to me that the sync i/o and Big Ben do the same thing unless you are using multiple systems sync,d to each other
Old 05-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Loop sync AND external clocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy McDude View Post
Hey guys,
Wiring up the new rig with a Sync I/O, three 16x16s AND a Big Ben.
Is there an issue with wiring the system using the loop sync protocol, AS WELL as wiring the Big Ben to external clock inputs on each I/O?

When I do this, its seems that regardless of how I choose to clock the rig in session setup, it ignores the external clock choice.
Unless....
the Sync I/O is physically powered off.

any insight would be appreciated.
The sync i/o and the three 16x16 boxes are all connected to each other using loop sync as per the manual.

The big ben can go on the ebay.