How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2016, 06:36 PM

Default Unsupported Playback Engine

Hey there,

Running PT 10.3.8 on 2010 13" MacBook Pro with OS 10.8.5; the only combination of iterations that will function. I use an M-Audio Fast Track as my interface. Literally 1 week ago, I plug in my iLok and Fast Track, open a PT session that I was editing to show some friends, and I had playback. Did the same thing tonight and I have NO playback. Attempted the suggested "manually adjust digital clock" of the FT via Apple's Audio MIDI Setup and still nothing. It still gives me "does not support playback of 44.1/48 kHz.

Please help!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Unsupported Playback Engine

What actual playback engine do you have selected in Pro Tools? Don't assume what it is, go check. O even better hold down 'N' while Pro Tools starts up and manually set the playback engine when the dialog box appears.

Certainly make sure you are not accidentally trying to use an aggregate device.

Also make sure that Audio/MIDI setup does not have system sound output or sound effects going to the interface. And no other audio apps are open.

What exact interface driver version are you using?