Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 AM

Default Buffer error / Core Audio Issue

Hello,

I have a problem with my MBOX (Orig) LE. It seems I can only get Superior 2.2 and 5 midi tracks, 1 stereo audio track and a plug in to run before I get the CPU/plugins error.

I am using superior in Multiple out mode where I use 7 AUX tracks to output the drums to then I use a couple of Bomb factory plug ins to EQ/Compress a couple of the tracks.

I have done the following to try to get this working

1) Checked all of the Plugins to make sure they are up to date and update what is necessary.

2) PR Ram and SMC.

3) Admin account with only PT.

4) Checked Firewire Drive (800) and it is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and spotlight indexing is off.

5) Turned off all Airport/Bluetooth/Network etc.....

6) Uninstall and reinstall PT 7.4.2 Cs4 including core audio and trash preferences including Databases

7) Used to Drive utility to repair permissions and checked PACE.

so...I think my system just does not handle any more tracks than what I listed. Maybe I have to live with this track set up since the MBOX is USB. Here are my specs...

iMac Intel 2.3 Ghz Dual Core
4GB ram System 10.5.5.
2 Fire Wire Drives chained together on the 800 port. 1 with PT audio and Session 1 with Superior Drums and Samples.
MBOX on USB 2.0 port on back of iMac.

Any thoughts would be great.

One more thing, while I was cleaning out my system tying to fix this, I accidently deleted "Coreaudio.component" from my system. Now itunes/Quicktime will not play back with audio.

I have tried reinstalling the 10.5.5 update, Quicktime, DigiCore and PT, itunes etc....nothing will get me that file again. I think I'm going to have to do a clean install, unless some can post in yousendit or something the file from "HD/System/Library/Componenets/Coreaudio.component.

If anyone is running an intel iMac with 10.5.5 please post for me.

thank you very much....

T