Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2009, 08:24 AM

Default Pod Farm Problems

Hey,
Has anybody had any problems like me using Pod Farm in PT8LE?
The plugin kept saying no compatible device connected, as I couldn't find any helpful line 6 tech support I returned the authorization code and got my money back. I then uninstalled the Line 6 software, after I did this all my ik multimedia plugins asked for new authorization codes! I obtained new codes for all of them but today they were asking for new ones again, lucky they were asking for the codes for the previous digital ids. Still a total pain in the ass though!Possibly this isn't the best place to ask about these things but i was wondering if anyone else had had this problem?

On the ik website it said this

Are you using an application / software that creates virtual machines or environments on the Mac? This can create virtual network drivers that are causing some issues with the Authorization of IK software.

When I installed the Line 6 drivers the computer had to be restarted to update something?

What have Line 6 done to my machine?
Mbox 2
Mbox Micro
Old 08-16-2009, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Pod Farm Problems

I have PodFarm and Gearbox on my system with no trouble. I don't however own any IK products. Sorry.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:14 PM

We should actually post this in the virtual instruments thread, but hey it's here so i respond.

Yep, Podfarm plays up every now and then. What is very annoying is that when you open a session and your Line 6 hardware (functioning as a dongle for Podfarm) is not turned on, a Podfarm plugin instance will generate a high feedback type of sound. This happens all the time when i forget to turn the hardware on and load a session that has podfarm in it.

When your monitor potmeter is open it is not very pleasant for your ears i can tell you that.

We should actually contact IK Multimedia about this. I haven't looked on their forum yet to see if it's a known problem.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM

I have contacted ik tech support about it, couldn't really find any info on the site about this problem. I actually couldn't get Pod Farm to work at all which is why I gave up on it. Everytime I inserted the plugin with my XT conected and switched on, the plugin kept stating that the device wasn't registered or qualified or something similar? I tried everything to get it to work. I wish I hadn't bothered in the first place!
I know this is posted in the wrong place so sorry for that!
Mbox 2
Mbox Micro