Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-14-2001, 03:16 AM

Default 48K to 44.1K looses sync

Greetings,
because of bad communications dialogog editors worked at 48K and the rest of the editors at 44.1K. Having pre mixed all the dailog with scene to scene reverb changes and a lot of "spontaneous" reverb sends (ie. one word only), I am trying to import/converter/track transfer with PT5.0 and/or 5.1 and loose sync every time ... meaning my reverb changes are no longer scene-to-scene ... spontaneous reverb sends on different words :-O
Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
rg ;^D
Old 03-14-2001, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 48K to 44.1K looses sync

It's a little hard to follow you.
It sounds like you have a session at 48kHz, with automated sends, in either PT5.0 or 5.1, or both, and when you convert it to 44.1kHz by some means - import/comvert/track transfer - you either lose sync or sync becomes loose?
There are ways of converting 48k sessions to 44.1k without losing sync or automation data. Is that the question?
Old 03-14-2001, 03:27 PM

Default Re: 48K to 44.1K looses sync

Thanks for your time,
I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough ... here is a second try ...
The dialog was conformed at 48K, but all the other departments worked at 44.1K ... So I pre mixed the dialog with all kind of reverb and effects changes ... then I went dry to a DA-88.
As you already figured out, I digitized the DA-88 in a 44.1K session ... great right!!!
I thought all I should do is "TrackTransfer" my aux(s) in my new session ... easy!!!
The result would be reverbs changing mid-sentence ... And I tried everything.
With Track Transfert ... with the new 5.1 features ... with DigiTranslator ... that's why I'm asking for help!!!

Thanks for your time
rg ;^D