Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Default No Audio Out!

No output -- using PT sources or external.
Power supply issue?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: No Audio Out!

Most likely. If you have the latest revision just clean the PSU contacts, if not get on the phone with Digi tech support and they should take care of you.
Do you like the sound from C24 monitoring? I havent used it at all.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:26 PM

What is the latest revision? How do I find out?
Called Digi Tech Support, they didn't think it was power supply.
Called Advanced Musical Electronics (local auth. digi repair) and they suspected P.S. right from the start, BUT they want $400 just to look at it! I'm a tech. I can put the damn thing in if that's what it is.
How do I get digi to send me one?
In the mean time I'll try cleaning the contacts. Thanks!

Also discovered no fader movement -- from PT session or in wave test. Vegas mode and all LEDs fine. Board is communicating with session and ethernet can be reset from PT.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:10 AM

No Monitoring, no faders sounds like the PSU fault we had last year, here's a repair I posted previously. I'm assuming that you have a standard rectifier PSU installed in your C24 and not a switch mode supply, Digi supply a switch mode PSU as a replacement. This repair got us out of trouble and restored our monitoring and faders, however the phantom supply was bad so the pre's were out of action, Im sure with a bit more probing you could get to the bottom of that as well.

Previous Post:
Like many others I've had problems with the C24 causing me to lose faders and monitoring, I had the added hassle of the product never having been registered despite being purchased from a major UK reseller, registration took 5-6 weeks to complete due to a mix up with serial numbers (the origional desk had been recalled from the reseller before we took delivery of it) as the C24 was not registered I had to speak with digi through their premium rate line which is a bit much when you have purchased £30000 worth of their products! The PSU finally arrived after 2 months but minus the caps and instructions for the fader board mods this took another 2-3 weeks. Thankfully, despite recieving no information from digi I repaired the old PSU which kept our dubbing suite running during the registration fiasco. I'm passing on the details of the repair for the electronically minded amongst you, the PSU is a fairly standard design and the components are all off the shelf.
First check that the fuses ZF8 and 9 are blown,
Replace the following components: IC1, IC2, IC4, IC5 (voltage regulators)D7, D8, D9, D10, BR2 and the 2 associated smoothing caps.
This should restore the +/- voltage rails for the monitor and fader sections.
Make sure that you replace the fuses with the same anti surge 3.15A type as 3 amp fuses will burn out within a day. (This is probably the cause of the failure, the PSU is being run hard)
This repair allowed us to continue operating although there was a hum present on the mic pres so an external mic pre was required.
The repair is only intended as a stop gap as the PSU is continuing to run hot and many of the components are showing signs of thermal damage. Has anyone else repaired the PSU?

Hope this is of some use to you, as you are a tech the repair should be fairly straightforward.

Cheers