Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 10:45 AM

Default missing External Hard Drive

Today I started up my computer for the first time in a couple of months to discover my external Glyph HD is not being recognized on the desktop. The Glyph HD seems to be running fine, the cables appear to be connected ok and I have tried rebuilding the desktop. I suspect there are ways to track down the problem, but I haven't been able to find any?
Thanks for your time

I'm running a Mac G4 OS9 by the way
Old 11-06-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Re: missing External Hard Drive

That happened to me about 6 months ago. In my case, reinstalling the drivers did the trick.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the tip. Does reinstalling the drivers refer to the Pro Tools software? (5.1 in my case)
Old 11-06-2003, 01:42 PM

No, the drivers would be for the Glyph. They should be included on a CD that came with the hard drive, if you still have that stuff. If not, they may very well be on Glyph's site, available for download. However, Glyph support is supposed to be the best in the biz. Given the prices on their gear, it better be. You might want to give them a call if you reinstall the drivers and still have no luck.

The drivers aren't fancy, but the hard drive won't communicate with the Mac without them. There shouldn't be any need to reinstall PT.

BTW, PT should still work fine, without the Glyph. You merely need to set it up so it will record to your Macs internal drive. Of course, if you had some valuable stuff on your Glyph, that won't help you get it back.