Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2014, 04:48 PM

Default STRIKE! Currently Loaded Preset - how to tell?

As the title states, how does one tell which preset style and kit are currently loaded? I'm using Strike v. 1.0.4 with PTMP 8.

This is about workflow. I first choose a preset style that works with tempo of the song, keeping it simple - more like a fancy click track. I may use a few fills here and there as placeholders. Later, when it's time to take the rhythm section to the next stage, I create a few duplicates of the drum track to see if there's a pre-set that comes closer to what I"m looking for. I've started to just enter this in the notes section, but I have a few sessions that go back a few years where I didn't keep these notes.

It's also about a getting a consistent overall sound quality. Although I've gotten much better, my recordings and performances of acoustic instruments and vocals just aren't as tight and professional as STRIKE styles and sounds. This is sometimes very noticeable and unnatural sounding. So finding or creating a drum part is not always about the having the best one, but the one that fits.

Sometimes it's overwhelming with drums because now I have so many options available. There the Roland XP80 synth, STRIKE! of course, Kontake, XPand, Structure Free, BFD lite and yes 0 every once in a while I will still use the old Sound Fonts! Oh, I forgot about BOOM, but I'm not a drum machine guy.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Default Re: STRIKE! Currently Loaded Preset - how to tell?

If you hover over any of the keys at the bottom of Strike's plugin window it should show you the preset name (along with the note/octave and part).