Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Can\'t \"play\" protools PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey, I have an audio media III card that was my main card until about 3 months ago when I got an 001. Recently, I moved the amIII card to another g3(512mb of ram w/80 gig drive/dvd +-)to use at church. I really didn't use PTLe because of the long BTD time, so I used cubase sx and a delta 1010lt card instead. I wanted to edit some things in PTle one Sunday and PTle opened but when I imported the audio and pressed "play", it just sat there with the blue light lit but nothing was moving. I could see the plugs, rewind, fforward and such, but it would never "play". I changed the card to another mac, same problem. I re-installed PTLe, same problem. What could possibly be wrong? I've already bought another 001, but I would like to get the card working again. It is the "QC" version and I would like to use it in a PC if possible. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Can\'t \"play\" protools PLEASE HELP!!!

the blue light lit? What's the blue light? Were you in online mode? If so it'll sit there and wait for sync. If not, I have no clue...

Audio Enthusiast
Rock and Roll please.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the help, but let me clarify; I meant the "play" icon (button)is engaged but it never moves, the counter (bar/meas) never moves past the first count like it's stuck. I didn't understand how every thing seems to be fine, but I can't play/record. I can arm trks, import, cut-paste, etc. but nothing plays. I couldn't find any info in the searches either. Can anybody PLEASE HELP???? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 AM

does it say "waiting for sync" in the very bottom left hand corner of your screen?