Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Default monitoring issue

I apologize in advance if this is a common issue, but I found no help in my searches. I've just been using my C24 as a control surface until now and I just tried using the monitoring section by correctly plugging in the 2 needed d-sub to trs cables to my 002 (002 outs to C24 source in / C24 Monitor outs to mains (1/2) and alts (7/8)). The problem is that i get no sound whatsoever in either of my sets of monitors or my headphones. Is this any issue that anyone is familiar with (and yes, I have used deoxit on all the connectors)? I have a new power supply (several months old now), though my unit does start acting crazy once it gets too hot. I can counter that with a little fan blowing quietly into the unit pointed at the power supply. Also, I have checked my CUB card to digi specs and it is working perfectly. The power supply didn't help the unit as it's still acting the same (only i can keep it running with the fan). Anyone have any ideas about the monitoring issue (any other configuration that I may have missed)? Could this all be related, if so any idea what the problem could be??? thanks in advance!!!!

gym*
Old 01-09-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: monitoring issue

anybody?? no one has had problems with the monitor section not working at all? i get a digital hum through the headphones, if i turn it all the way up. am i missing something? anyone??? thanks in advance!!

gym*
Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 AM

It's worth checking that your connections on the PSU are all sound. There will be some hum through the headphones with the gain fully up. If you are still having problems with the PSU which can be countered with a fan you may still have a PSU issue, or possibly your room ventilation. I'm assuming that the rest of the desk is ok.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Avid

It definitely sounds like something is wrong - either an audio or power connection. You may want to go through all the internal connections again and double check your audio connections.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:07 AM

ok, so just as an idiot check, i took this thing apart for the thousandth time. This time, I left the De-Oxit aside and instead cleaned every connector and board connection with Chemtronics Electro-Wash and a Chamois Tip on each of the board connections for the Power Supply and the CUB board. I plugged everything back up and now the monitor section works perfectly!! However, 40 minutes after I turn off the fan pointed at the power supply, the unit acts up (locks up, garbled scribbles; though connection and transport remain active). Since this didn't completely fix my problems, I'm going to assume this was a connection problem. Anyone?? Should I try one more Power Supply before taking this into the shop (I'm in Nashville, so I have great A.R.C. to send this to, though I'd rather the fix be another free power supply, as I'm on a budget). Thanks for the help thus far!!

gym*