Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 12:59 PM

Default C24 power supply problems?

We have 2 Control 24's here at work... both are sick.

I replaced the first one's power supply and fader cards in Oct 2003 and has been in use ever since. This weekend it was turned off for building power testing... and never came back on.

Clicking relay on PSU, audio thumps from monitor outs, and flashing scribble strips.

The second one developed a bad 'hum' in the monitor outs (which disappears when the monitors are muted). It was swapped to a location that did not require the monitor section.

With the summer ending... production wants both units fully functional.
Neither unit is under warranty.

Sounds like power supply problems. Is this a common fault?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: C24 power supply problems?

Hi Don,

Sounds like, for the first one, which has the new PSU and fader cards, check that the internal fuses are ok and check your connectors, esp the phantom connector on the right hand side of the board, if it's been running since 2003 the fuses could easily blow with the shock of being powered down / up.

The second one I'm assuming is still the old PSU, what we found with ours was that there was a lot of thermal damage on the components, I have repaired it and it kept us going for a few months while we sorted out registration. I'd contact digi to see if they will supply a new PSU as they seem to supply them free to most users first time.I posted the repair last year if you need to go down that road.

Good luck