Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Saving PQ Setups

So I had a question, maybe I am missing something.

Here's the scenario. We have multiple services at our church. Our early service on Sundays is basically acoustic. Just Piano and 2 vocals. The other services are full bands. We use one of the PQ setups for out CD recording, cause it allows us a nice compliment of plug-ins including the 31 band EQ for setting up the recording of our Pastor's mic. We made some changes to the setup on our CD recording PQ at the 7AM service today. Then we went to open up our 9AM service files and we couldn't figure out a way to save the PQ settings from the 7AM files and then import them into the 9AM files. From what I can see there is no way to save the settings from a PQ channel and then import those settings into another PQ in another file. We had to rebuild the changes we wanted in the new file. Is there a way to save the settings from a specific PQ channel(all the plug-ins, channel inputs, user feeds) from one file to another? Each of the channel strips allows us to hit the little folder button and snapshot the channel essentially. I'd love to be able to do that with a PQ channel.

Thanks hopefully this makes sense.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Avid

Default Re: Saving PQ Setups

Hi,

It makes perfect sense, and you're not missing anything - it's not possible at this time to import a small sub-section of a show file into another file. One approach is to manually duplicate the settings (mixer inputs, levels, plug-in configuration) in each show file and then use preset folders to perioically update the plug-ins and GEQ settings. The other mixer info would still need to be updated manually, however.

You may also be able to snapshot some of this PQ info for easier recall. For example, a snapshot can be scoped to just update the mixer, plug-in settings and GEQ settings for a single PQ channel, if desired.

Sheldon
Old 03-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Saving PQ Setups

Thanks for the reply. I see how in depth that would be. it isnt just a quick recall of a setting, it is more data than that. I will try the snapshot setup to just recall that PQ's setup. That should do it. Now that we have rebuilt the PQ in the other file, this would only be necessary if I do something similar in the future.

Thanks