Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-16-2019, 06:25 PM

Default "Not valid 64 bit AAX Plug-In" error

I suddenly keep getting this error with a list of plugins that are licensed and updated. happened out of no where. trashed prefs, reinstalled PT, all the usual things.

on Sierra with PT ultimate 2019.6, maxed out MBP. Everything was fine last week and I didn't install anything new, so I'm not sure what's going on. Oddly these flagged plugins will load fine natively as .vst's in Ableton, but they give a similar "not valid 64 bit plugin" error when loading the same .vst using bluecat patchwork in PT (and also loading in Bluecat Standalone)

Any ideas on what I can do? I've tried to reinstall most of them with no luck. Specifically that new Clearmountain's Domain and ELI Arouser are on the list, both are new, licensed, and fully up to date. (the actual list of plugs was about 10, but these two should be running 100% fine)

all hints appreciated. thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:53 PM

Default Re: "Not valid 64 bit AAX Plug-In" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolooki View Post
I suddenly keep getting this error with a list of plugins that are licensed and updated. happened out of no where. trashed prefs, reinstalled PT, all the usual things.

on Sierra with PT ultimate 2019.6, maxed out MBP. Everything was fine last week and I didn't install anything new, so I'm not sure what's going on. Oddly these flagged plugins will load fine natively as .vst's in Ableton, but they give a similar "not valid 64 bit plugin" error when loading the same .vst using bluecat patchwork in PT (and also loading in Bluecat Standalone)

Any ideas on what I can do? I've tried to reinstall most of them with no luck. Specifically that new Clearmountain's Domain and ELI Arouser are on the list, both are new, licensed, and fully up to date. (the actual list of plugs was about 10, but these two should be running 100% fine)

all hints appreciated. thanks!
Not sure if this even applies, but might be worth a read. Sucks and hope that you get it fixed.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...d-to-read-this
Old 10-17-2019, 01:20 AM

damn man I think you nailed it! Thank you!!!
Old 10-17-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolooki View Post
damn man I think you nailed it! Thank you!!!