Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 AM

Default Skip invalid fades.....

Is anyone as sick of seeing this box as I am? Just make the damn fade. I'll be able to see what it did or didn't do. I never skip the invalid fade. I just fix it if I hear a problem.

Where do I write to to ask them to allow us to turn this damn annoying thing off?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Skip invalid fades.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyselby View Post
Is anyone as sick of seeing this box as I am? Just make the damn fade. I'll be able to see what it did or didn't do. I never skip the invalid fade. I just fix it if I hear a problem.

Where do I write to to ask them to allow us to turn this damn annoying thing off?
It's asking you this because regions need to overlap to make a crossfade between them, otherwise you get the dialogue box you mentioned.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM

I'd rather it just not make the fades where it's not possible and I'll notice it if there's a problem. This is how most DAW's work. They just use what's available. Seeing that dialogue over and over and over is mind numbing.

How about a preference where it always just chooses to do the "adjust fade" option without asking.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyselby View Post
I'd rather it just not make the fades where it's not possible and I'll notice it if there's a problem. This is how most DAW's work. They just use what's available. Seeing that dialogue over and over and over is mind numbing.

How about a preference where it always just chooses to do the "adjust fade" option without asking.
Sorry, but this is a user editing workflow error. you should change your method to do it right, and the dialogue box will never again come back.
Tamas Dragon
Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 AM

A preference option would still not be a bad thing. There are plenty of instances where "changing your method to do it right" is more steps than necessary.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM

A disclaimer that macros can mess up your work if not used knowingly and correctly!

Anyhow, I use a QuicKeys shortcut triggered by "f" key that types "f" then types "Shift-A"

Shift-A doesn't normally do anything in the edit window so if the dialogue doesn't come up it doesn't do anything but a normal fade.

Of course if you start renaming regions or files you have to be wary of the fA combo