Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Problems with HD3 system

My Pro Tools set up is acting strange. If anyone can help please advise. I am not sure if I need to send the 192 back or if there is something causing the problems.

My set up: Pro Tools 7.1, 192i/o with expansion card, MAC Quad 4 with PCIe HD3 with Control 24 -

Prior to the problems starting to happen with my system I was able to record some keyboards via analog DB25 connections from the Control 24.

Then, I tried setting up my Focusrite ISA 220 Mic pre to record via a SPDIF cable, and things started going wrong. I could not record into Pro Tools without recording an intermittant click/pop. After trying numerous settings I decided to use a Monster BNC cable for wordclock. On the Mic Pre I selected the EXT clock setting and on the Mic Pre the LOCK light was lit. Then I could record with out the clicks/pops but now Pro Tools would not let me stop the recording. The recording just kept on. The only way to stop the recording was to close out of Pro Tools. I opened another session and tried to save my settings and I received this error [Could not save "untitled session" because assertion in "CNeoLOBlock.cpp", line 164]

Now I unhooked the Mic Pre / SPDIF connection and the word clock cable and decided to use the MIC PRE on the CONTROL 24. When I opened a new session it would not let me save a new session name. I received the same error message as above. I could only open a previous session. When I opened a new session I was able to record but again I could not stop the recording either by the transport or the control 24 buttons. Only way to stop the recording was to close out pro tools.

THANKS in advance for your advice.

BTW, Does anyone know how to remove pro tools and reinstall on the MAC ?

unThen I picked u
I
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Problems with HD3 system

I was able to figure out how to uninstal and reinstall. I am now able to record throught the control 24 PRE. I still have to try with the ISA 220 with the SPDIF and Wordclock cable. I am hoping it will work this time. I hope that MACS aren't so easy to get corrupted. This is what appeared to have happened. I was told to get a MAC over a PC I hope I won't regret it.
Thanks,