Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-14-2019, 09:51 AM

Default Renewal purchase code does not work... and AVID does not pick up phone.

Anyone else having this issue? My educational license was verified and I was sent my new renewal code and it doesn't work. Yes, I have entered it multiple times and it still does not work.

To make matters worse AVID does not pick up on their support line which it tells me to call.

Hello AVID are you guys listening over there? No wonder people are so upset with you these days. Your CS is terrible. Sent a support e-mail first over 4 days ago and crickets.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Renewal purchase code does not work... and AVID does not pick up phone.

Make sure you are careful on O and 0, 1 and 7 etc.

I have no idea what is going on or what numbers you are calling, but you might want to try submitting a registration support case here: http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

Read though stuff, you may find something, and to create a case click the "Submit a Question"... that could be much better worded. If you do get a case number post it here.

I was going to also point out that online chat is supposed to be available in Avid's support pages... like here https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/learn...ort#Activation until I went there and found it not working. Arrrrrrggggg. The help button pops up and quickly disappears for me (Chrome browser on mojave, add blockers etc. disabled). Recent Avid website change seem to me to have made stuff worse. Reporting to Avid...

Edit: just did another page reload and the "Need Help" button is back on that page. .. but when clicked it say the Live Chat agent is not available and gives a contact form to fill out... maybe try that as well, but damn it Avid support, try to get your act together.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Renewal purchase code does not work... and AVID does not pick up phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Make sure you are careful on O and 0, 1 and 7 etc.

I have no idea what is going on or what numbers you are calling, but you might want to try submitting a registration support case here: http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

Read though stuff, you may find something, and to create a case click the "Submit a Question"... that could be much better worded. If you do get a case number post it here.

I was going to also point out that online chat is supposed to be available in Avid's support pages... like here https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/learn...ort#Activation until I went there and found it not working. Arrrrrrggggg. The help button pops up and quickly disappears for me (Chrome browser on mojave, add blockers etc. disabled). Recent Avid website change seem to me to have made stuff worse. Reporting to Avid...

Edit: just did another page reload and the "Need Help" button is back on that page. .. but when clicked it say the Live Chat agent is not available and gives a contact form to fill out... maybe try that as well, but damn it Avid support, try to get your act together.
Thanks buddy! I will definitely try going that route. :)