Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 AM

Question Sound Replacer HELP!!!

I just purchased Digidesign Sound Replacer Audiosuite plugin from ebay. Brand new, unopened, in the box.

I installed it into my iMac verison 10.5.8 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with Pro Tools 8

I don't know if I didn't finish the installation, but it said installation was successful, so I'm confused. Is there something more I have to do. When I open PT8 I can't find it anywhere within PT in the Audiosuite tab and when I looked into my applications folder and seen that soundreplacer was in there, it wasn't a plugin icon, it is a 1/4" jack looking icon that says, "not a valid session file" Is an iLok required?

In the package, it also included a Sound Repalcer version 1.3 license card that looks like a computer chip; what am I supposed to do with this?

I've got picture on my myspace of the card and the screenshot of my plugin alias, to get a better idea of what I'm talking about for the plugins

Myspace.com/truemusicrecordingsmi then go to photos and click "my photos"
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Sound Replacer HELP!!!

Sound Replacer is authorized via iLok (at least now days). It sounds like you purchased an OLD version, and one that is no longer compatible with PT v8. You might be able to download the current version (v8 in my plug-in folder), but it will look for the SR asset on the iLok. Also, I think the PT v8 installer runs a plug-in updater, but again the iLok authorization is your hurdle.

Or you could go back to pre-v7. I think it was at v7 that Digi finally did away with the old floppy authorization system (although my memory sucks for this type of detail :) ).

I don't know if they can/will help you or not (with an ebay purchase), but you could contact Avid Customer Support. If the product can be registered, they just might. Probably worth a call.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 06-06-2010, 09:45 PM

Thank you cneal92, I'll try giving them a call. I hope it works, but I did only win this for $1 so it wouldn't be the end of the world, haha. Thanks again
Old 06-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Do u hav an ilok?

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 PM

I just ordered an iLok, but I still don't think I'll be able to use the version of the sound replacer i've got. I have doubts.