Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2004, 09:20 AM

Default MBox and Oxygen8

I'm setting up an mBox rig for a friend, he's running Mac OS 10.3.3, PT LE 6.4, with an mBox and M-Audio Oxygen8. I have not succeeded in getting MIDI info into PT. I downloaded and installed the driver from M-Audio. Could someone with this setup please walk me through how you configure Audio Midi Setup? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Re: MBox and Oxygen8

I'm having the same issue with a Radium 49. I'm using Kontakt. The keyboard works fine with Kontakt in stand alone mode. Although as soon as I attempt to use MIDI inside of Protools v 6.4 Mbox on Dual G5, I get no response. Even the click plug-in does not see MIDI in. AMS seems happy and as I said, Kontakt alone works fine, so it seems to be a ProTools problem.

If anyone has any info please pass it on, I'm on a deadline and losing time . . . ; (
Old 05-01-2004, 04:08 PM

Update: My keyboard is now working with ProTools after much fiddling, but not with Kontakt within ProTools which is what I had been attempting to do. I can record MIDI data to a Midi track. I can use Reason as a Rewire plug-in. But Kontakt does not respond to keyboard commands. Can't figure it out, Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:51 PM

Wow, i'm suprised you got it working. I just got my oxygen 8 and nothing is showing up anywhere.

I just want to break something.

AS usual it seems like it's a P.T. problem with MIDI. Everything works as a standalone. I've checked similar threads and all the "directions" have no bearing in 6.4 as far as I can see, or the person used his own "tech talk". I would like to get the ball rolling ASAP. I'm sure many of you have other priorities, but as i'm sure you once new, having no midi with lot's of software is a waste. I bet all I have to do is click a damn button somewhere, but i've clicked alot of buttons and it's gotten me nowhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

`jason

www.djadvent.com