Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Studio Experts....Tips for studio design.

DUC'ers- so, my mom just moved into a brand new home. She is an amazing musician and is going to be collaborating with me on many recording projects. She has an awesome unfinished 19 x 10 foot room over her garage that I have convinced her to turn into a recording/rehearsal room. We will have acoustic drums, a Fantom 8x keyboard, Marhshall Stack, Fender Bassman, and SWR bass stack to start with. I was wondering if you could suggest some acoustic treatments (kits), or other pieces you consider essential to put in the room. We will also be making room for a desk to house my entire protools rig with monitors and all,any good desks for a tight small setup? I also was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for PA systems or any other cool vibey items you like to make it feel like home. The room is really sick, and has a great shape with a big window and is ready to be made over. I cannot believe I convinced her to do this, and I finally will get to have a real room dedicated to making music. Thanks for any tips you might have.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Studio Experts....Tips for studio design.

auralex studio foam is great, cheap and readily available in sevaral colors/configuration. visit thier website too.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Studio Experts....Tips for studio design.

H-man,

Start with the John Sayers studio design site...a wealth of info.

http://johnlsayers.com

Ross