Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Lion with PT 8 M-Powered?

Does anyone know PT8 M-Powered is going to be getting compatibility with Lion? I thought this would have happened by now... but maybe I've just been left in the dust?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Lion with PT 8 M-Powered?

PT 9 & 10 work in Lion. Not 8
Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM

MP 9 isn't even "officially" supported - we've had beta Lion support since August (and I'm using it on Lion and it works fine). Not a chance M-Powered 8 will get Lion support.

From what I've read, people have gotten LE 8 to work in Lion but they've had MIDI issues with their interfaces (Mbox 2 mostly, I think).
Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Didn't know there was no 9.0.6 MP. That blows
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM

I have Pro Tools Mpowered 8.0.5 running on Lion 10.7.3 as of today. Obviously I have not yet been able to test it during a long session but I did some recording, editing, virtual instruments and plug-ins and it seems completely stable so far after two hours. Here's what I did to get it going:

I have a completely clean Lion install done yesterday, not an upgrade on top of snow leopard.

First, I installed the iLok driver and client. Then, I installed from the 8.0.3 Full installer. The installer worked perfectly and did not hang for fifteen or twenty minutes like the 8.0 installer supposedly does (more on this later). Then I restarted and installed from the 8.0.5 Updater; this also worked perfectly. Restarted once more, ran the app and did my testing. So far so good. I am not worried about no support because I have never utilized support from Avid since I've had Pro Tools. Also, this is not for a business so who cares?

Now, about installing from the 8.0 installer. I tried that first but it hung up at one minute left and stayed there for about two hours before I finally force quit the installer. I then deleted everything and started over with 8.0.3. I don't know if this happens a lot on 10.7.3 but that's what happened for me.

Last edited by sonnylarsen; 02-13-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added version number in first line
Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM

well hey that's good to know. I have a PT 8LE license from my dead Mbox 2 (though my installer is 8.0. Wonder where I can get an 8.0.3 installer?), and I have been kinda eyeing the mid-sized Mbox. Those work with LE, and if MP 8.0.5 works maybe LE 8.0.5 works.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Talking Re: Lion with PT 8 M-Powered?

Guys, I have macbook pro with pre-installed 10.7.3 and I have a question: Can I install pro tools mp 9 into my laptop, and then update it to 9.0.5?? I can't understand the technology of installing it. I am afraid, that I buy it, and it then will not work