Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2022, 02:40 PM

Default Hide the new MIDI/Melodyne/Clip Effects tab

Please someone tell me there is a way to hide the new MIDI/Melodyne/Clip Effects Tab. For something I will rarely use it's a waste of screen space. It's so awkward.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:48 PM

Default Re: 2022.9 is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chvad SB View Post
Please someone tell me there is a way to hide the new MIDI/Melodyne/Clip Effects Tab. For something I will rarely use it's a waste of screen space. It's so awkward.
Chvad - there's an icon at the bottom-left of the main Edit window (above the lower-pane pop-up) that toggles that Tab open or closed (much like the right-side one for the Clip List, and reft-side one for the Tracks List)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.46.11 PM.png (18.0 KB, 0 views)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 09-29-2022, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Chvad - there's an icon at the bottom-left of the main Edit window (above the lower-pane pop-up) that toggles that Tab open or closed (much like the right-side one for the Clip List, and reft-side one for the Tracks List)

Hey hey Kerry, long time man! Yeah I definitely saw the ability to close the WINDOW but this is interesting. I wonder if this is a windows version issue. When I collapse the arrow to close the window I still have these pretty chunky TABS still present. That's what I'd like to see go away but on your screen shot those seems to be gone, which is the behavior I would have expected. I haven't installed the update on my mac yet to see if there is a difference in behavior. Anyone else with windows able to chime in?
Old 09-29-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hey hey Kerry, long time man! Yeah I definitely saw the ability to close the WINDOW but this is interesting. I wonder if this is a windows version issue. When I collapse the arrow to close the window I still have these pretty chunky TABS still present. That's what I'd like to see go away but on your screen shot those seems to be gone, which is the behavior I would have expected. I haven't installed the update on my mac yet to see if there is a difference in behavior. Anyone else with windows able to chime in?
Good to see you, too!

I wonder if it is a Windows Graphics thing, then. I do see the 3 tab names at the bottom, but it doesn't seem large enough to bother me. I'm running 3440x1440 on Mac, so I'm not sure if that scale has anything to do with it. (I think on my screen shot I just cropped them. That was the top of the tabbed MIDI Editor)

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-02-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Good to see you, too!

I wonder if it is a Windows Graphics thing, then. I do see the 3 tab names at the bottom, but it doesn't seem large enough to bother me. I'm running 3440x1440 on Mac, so I'm not sure if that scale has anything to do with it. (I think on my screen shot I just cropped them. That was the top of the tabbed MIDI Editor)

I gotcha...

" I do see the 3 tab names at the bottom, but it doesn't seem large enough to bother me.

That's exactly what I'm referring to. Not so much of an issue for ME really as I have a larger screen but everyone one of my students is on a 13" Macbook and screen real estate is already a thing so that's why these tabs are so annoying.

EDIT: I just realized I specifically noted Windows earlier. My main home computer is windows. I generally test on that prior to installing stuff on work machines at the school. Then at work I migrate my macs over to test and then students computers. So if there was some "this dude said windows and THEN macs confusion... that's kind of whats up with my PT universe. :) )

Last edited by Chvad SB; 10-02-2022 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:02 PM

Im on windows. The 3 tabs are kinda bulky and I dont like them. I care about vertical screen space. I also use the Avid DUC member's tool that hides the ugly window bars, but it's annoying to have to do it everytime i open a session. I wish AVID would realize how important vertical screen real estate is and get rid of these tabs and window bars.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Argh tell me about it.

No marker tracks, and less real estate lolz. Some bits are being drip fed to make way for the next update I feel... but that tab has got to go pls Avid.