Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM

Default Turning off "Record Ready" on every track

Is there a key combo (or even a menu item) that does the same thing as option-clicking on a lit up record button? I can't find one anywhere.

I'm not a clicker - I'm a key combo kind of guy. And I'd love a faster way of turning off any & all record "lights" without having to click!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Turning off "Record Ready" on every track

There must be something, because it's available on the HUI protocol
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
There must be something, because it's available on the HUI protocol
I have a Baby Hui here, but can't find combos on that either. Maybe there is one somewhere that I haven't seen.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM

There's a dedicated button on V-Control Pro, which apparently is currently using HUI.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 PM

You can use "Shift + R" to record arm/disarm all selected tracks, I use it all the time. If you have lots of aux tracks etc. you may want to create a Group with just the audio tracks you are recording onto.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD-John View Post
You can use "Shift + R" to record arm/disarm all selected tracks, I use it all the time. If you have lots of aux tracks etc. you may want to create a Group with just the audio tracks you are recording onto.
Thanks, this would work if there were a way for it to always be the same track, or tracks, but it won't be unfortunately.

Kinda crazy for there to only be a click solution to disable record enable on every track! (without a control surface)
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM

you can turn off record ready on all tracks in the session by holding down the option key and then clicking one of the record enabled tracks.

while holding the option key, any click that you do will happen to all tracks in the session.

same goes for mutes...hold option and mute a track and it will mute all tracks in the session. Click it again and all tracks will be unmuted.

same for plugins. Hold option and insert a plugin on a track. it will be added to all tracks in the session.

if you add the shift key into the equation "option+shift" what you do will be applied to only the selected tracks.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoemo View Post
you can turn off record ready on all tracks in the session by holding down the option key and then clicking one of the record enabled tracks.

while holding the option key, any click that you do will happen to all tracks in the session.

same goes for mutes...hold option and mute a track and it will mute all tracks in the session. Click it again and all tracks will be unmuted.

same for plugins. Hold option and insert a plugin on a track. it will be added to all tracks in the session.

if you add the shift key into the equation "option+shift" what you do will be applied to only the selected tracks.

I hope this helps.
Yes I'm aware of this. My post states though I'm trying to do this without clicking.

I appreciate the effort to help though.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Dave View Post
Thanks, this would work if there were a way for it to always be the same track, or tracks, but it won't be unfortunately.

Kinda crazy for there to only be a click solution to disable record enable on every track! (without a control surface)
Not sure I get you - there are myriad ways of quickly selecting all tracks, with or without "link track & edit selection" enabled :

p & ; in command focus mode.

cmd + a.

set up a marker with the appropriate configuration.

the "all" group (or a specific group).

Then use shift + r.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
Not sure I get you - there are myriad ways of quickly selecting all tracks, with or without "link track & edit selection" enabled :

p & ; in command focus mode.

cmd + a.

set up a marker with the appropriate configuration.

the "all" group (or a specific group).

Then use shift + r.
Of course! But by the time I do all that and then get back to my editing mode, I'd just as soon perform an option click. Of course that's just my feeling about it, but it's like trading one "extra step" (having to option-click) for another step or two.

I'd be perfectly happy with a menu selection that just disarms all record-enabled tracks. I've got a zillion QuicKeys set up already and would be happy to make one more to access this. I've tried making a QuicKey "Click" but with all the variations (track sizes), etc. that change all the time when working, I haven't been able to get one to work.