Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-08-2016, 06:41 AM

Default I Love Pro Tools

I would like to get that unique copy of protools that you have guys.

Because even Avid has admitted many of the bugs that many of us are experiencing.

But as I said... good for you.

Spread the love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 AM

Default Re: I Love Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeraz View Post
I've previously used PT 6, 7, and 8. By the way, 12.4 feels like a hundred-fold improvement for me over 8, so BIG THANKS to Avid for all that hard work!

Chime in if you have anything positive to say (I doubt many people will)!

Agreed.

I first started using Pro Tools III in college. But I was never a fan back then. I preferred Cubase (and later Nuendo). But that changed with PT 11. And since v12, the new feature development is ramping up.

But for me, the most important part is stability. I rarely get crashes here, and my system runs 10 hours a day.
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
www.TheToolshedStudio.com
Certified for Dolby Atmos Home Entertainment
Old 11-08-2016, 09:05 AM

I love pro tools as well. That's the only reason I still put up with Avid and haven't moved on. It's truly a great daw for all things audio related.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:37 AM

I wanted to add that I love Pro Tools as well. Even though it has it's bugs sometimes it's the best DAW I've worked with. I know there's a lot of issues that come up on this board for troubleshooting but damn, it's great software. Especially since 11 with offline bouncing being introduced and disk caching.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:51 AM

If you're here and posting, and keep posting, even if you're mad at Avid, you love PT. And you care.

The thread is I Love Pro Tools, not I love Avid.

If you're truly unhappy and have moved on, then we would never hear from you again and you wouldn't be reading this right now.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:55 AM

As with many other products, some customers have no problems, some a few, and some a lot. It mainly depends on what and how you use a product.

Another aspect is that negative statements are much more publicly expressed. If you have trouble, you have plenty of forums to let your "steam" out. On the other hand, how many times are user go to forums and say, "hey everything is working fine for me". No, you don't do that, because you expect that this is how it is suppose to work.

Bugs, bugs, bugs. It is a common misconception that only your DAW has bugs, and moving to the other side will solve that problem and will provide you with a bug-free live (see also first statement).

There are often decisions made by a company that can p!ss off customers (pricing, compatibility, upgrades, etc) and Avid is famous for those unpopular decisions. Or just look at Apple, how much heat they get nowadays with their decisions on what they do (and what they do not do).
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 11-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Not really. I still own PT, and use it for existing projects. I also need it when getting projects from a studio I record at sometimes, but I haven't used it for anything new in a year or so.

I still own it and have a current license, so I'm here to keep abreast of current versions, hoping for a much less buggy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post

If you're truly unhappy and have moved on, then we would never hear from you again and you wouldn't be reading this right now.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:31 PM

I agree. Pro Tools is awesome. There is a reason it's the industry standard. It's the easiest software to use in my opinion yet the most professional and operates like an analog mixer. And it sounds good!