Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2016, 07:13 AM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

Just upgraded from Yosemite/12.5 to El Capitain/12.6. I use Logic Pro a lot and now I can not connect Logic, or anything else to my HDX/Inteface. Using a HDX card and an Omni interface right now. It worked fine with the old setup. Started a support case with Avid just now, since I'm on the support plan.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:26 AM

Default Re: When can we expect HD Core Audio to be fixed for Mac OS X El Capitan?

I honestly don't see why all you guys are so upset over this. I mean, sure you may have spent $20k on an HDX system and all. Big deal! But it's not like you paid hundreds of dollars in advance for support and bug fixes or anything like that. Oh, wait...

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 AM

From what I know this has existed since Yosemite. I wouldn't hold your breath. I bought Source Elements Nexus Pro. It lets you send and receive audio from any software using sound on your Mac.
Which means you can listen to things such as Online music libraries directly to Pro Tools.
The other cool thing is people anywhere in the world can actually listen in on your sessions through the Source Elements site.
You can also have Skype or FaceTime route directly to your session.
I

Good Luck

Mitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mitch

MacPro 2.44 8 Core

Mac OSX 10.10.5
PT 12.7
HD Native
SyncHD I/O
HD I/O
MIDI I/O
C24
Aja LiHi
Surround Setup
Old 10-26-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
I honestly don't see why all you guys are so upset over this. I mean, sure you may have spent $20k on an HDX system and all. Big deal! But it's not like you paid hundreds of dollars in advance for support and bug fixes or anything like that. Oh, wait...
Well it is a first world problem no doubt

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-26-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Skoglund View Post
Just upgraded from Yosemite/12.5 to El Capitain/12.6. I use Logic Pro a lot and now I can not connect Logic, or anything else to my HDX/Inteface. Using a HDX card and an Omni interface right now. It worked fine with the old setup. Started a support case with Avid just now, since I'm on the support plan.
AFAIK Ken, your screwed .., I think your only available workaround is to remove the avidCore audio plugin from your HAL Folder (located in the mackintosh HD/ library/audio/plugins)

make sure to save a copy of it and store somewhere before you delete it
.., others will chime in if I am wrong.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 10-26-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoPro View Post
From what I know this has existed since Yosemite. I wouldn't hold your breath. I bought Source Elements Nexus Pro. It lets you send and receive audio from any software using sound on your Mac.
Which means you can listen to things such as Online music libraries directly to Pro Tools.
The other cool thing is people anywhere in the world can actually listen in on your sessions through the Source Elements site.
I

Good Luck

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, I'm trying the demo now while waiting for Avid.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoPro View Post
I

Good Luck

Mitch

I don't have HD , just native .., but I bought nexus, as well as many other plugs etc 'as workarounds' for the disgracefully busted avid core audio .., ie' Stuff i didn't need if Avid had of had their shyte together.

Had I have known 2.5 years ago that i'd still be waiting for Avid to fix this debacle .., I could have and would have just bought a new NON-AVID interface that didnt need to rely on Avid core Audio , as thats what those workaround plugins have cost me

..., the aggravation and frustration , well thats another cost
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 10-26-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
I don't have HD , just native .., but I bought nexus, as well as many other plugs etc 'as workarounds' for the disgracefully busted avid core audio .., ie' Stuff i didn't need if Avid had of had their shyte together.

Had I have known 2.5 years ago that i'd still be waiting for Avid to fix this debacle .., I could have and would have just bought a new NON-AVID interface that didnt need to rely on Avid core Audio , as thats what those workaround plugins have cost me

..., the aggravation and frustration , well thats another cost
Wait ! What ? I thought this was only an Avid HD hardware Core Audio driver problem ? Are you saying you can't close PT and run ITunes or Sound Cloud thru your system either ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-26-2016, 11:21 AM
tundra

Thats right. Thats the bug. the ONLY application that can use the HDX hardware is Protools.. No OSX, No iTunes, no Chrome, no Safari etc etc.. no other DAWS.
Nothing.. Only Protools.

Turnkey system now.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra View Post
Thats right. Thats the bug. the ONLY application that can use the HDX hardware is Protools.. No OSX, No iTunes, no Chrome, no Safari etc etc.. no other DAWS.
Nothing.. Only Protools.

Turnkey system now.
Can you clarify a bit further ? Are you answering my question to Seafoam? He seems to be saying it's the same for PT vanilla and apparently his M Box Pro, so that's something different and additional than the known HD Core Audio driver problem since Yosemite.

And to clarify are you speaking of El Cap only ? And (what is HDX hardware , do you mean HD hardware?) or are you specifically reffering to HDX cards ? If your talking about El Cap (which I haven't tried) to clarify I can run both Reason and Studio One 3, thru my Avid Omni with HD Native on Yosemite , but cannot run Soundcloud or iTunes or Final Cut Pro X.
So are you saying that changed with El Cap ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-26-2016 at 12:32 PM.