Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-13-2023, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Serato Pitch n Time

It's still surprising to me that they don't want to leverage their IP like most other companies. Hard to believe there wouldn't be a good ROI if they ported it. Everyone that already owns it would upgrade. They'd probably have to lower the price given the current plugin market isn't like it was 20 years ago. But still, it's sitting there waiting to be used.
Old 01-15-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
It's still surprising to me that they don't want to leverage their IP like most other companies. Hard to believe there wouldn't be a good ROI if they ported it. Everyone that already owns it would upgrade. They'd probably have to lower the price given the current plugin market isn't like it was 20 years ago. But still, it's sitting there waiting to be used.
While I agree with you in theory (and would REALLY like for them to update and support this plugin), I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand that Serato is a DJ hardware and software company, not a plugin company, and this plugin probably accounts for such an insignificant amount of their revenue that it may cost them more to support it than they are making from it.

In a very specific post-production bubble, PnT is super popular. But in the grand scheme, it's an extremely obscure plugin that probably has 1/1000 the purchases as even the most boutique music production plugins. They are in the business of DJ mixers, not plugins, and their IP is better served within the context of their hardware and DJ software, not as an individual plugin.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:13 AM

Running Montery 12.6 and PT 2022.12 and Pitch n Time is working fine with no problems on Mac Pro 2019.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:40 PM

Thanks, subwoof.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-19-2023, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmoonchild View Post
While I agree with you in theory (and would REALLY like for them to update and support this plugin), I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand that Serato is a DJ hardware and software company, not a plugin company, and this plugin probably accounts for such an insignificant amount of their revenue that it may cost them more to support it than they are making from it.

In a very specific post-production bubble, PnT is super popular. But in the grand scheme, it's an extremely obscure plugin that probably has 1/1000 the purchases as even the most boutique music production plugins. They are in the business of DJ mixers, not plugins, and their IP is better served within the context of their hardware and DJ software, not as an individual plugin.
No one is asking them to re-design it, or to re-invent it. They just have update it to native support, ie: to push it through the updated SDK/framework and spit out a universal AAX. For a single plugin, that should be pretty straight ahead. Especially this one which is Audio Suite only.

Otherwise sell/license it to another plugin company who can sell and support it.

The way that they are completely ghosting all the users in their site's own forum for PnT is just sad and pathetic of them.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:00 PM

Default Serato Pitch n Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmoonchild View Post
I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand that Serato is a DJ hardware and software company, not a plugin company.

They are in the business of DJ mixers, not plugins.
Serato is a software company. They do not, nor have they ever made hardware. The hardware that runs their DJ software is made by 3rd parties such as Pioneer, Rane, Denon etc.

To your point that PnT is a niche product in their catalogue, you are 100% correct. But, as I’ve mentioned before, you can run the PnT algorithm within Serato DJ Pro which is AS native. So, I still think there is the possibility that it will be updated at some point, but for sure I don’t imagine it is a priority for the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 01-21-2023 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:58 AM

Whether PnT Pro is niche or not, Serato still actively sells it on their website right now for $800! They don't make it hard to find or buy.

Imagine buying it for the first time today! How ripped off would you feel realizing you just bought a piece of software that expensive which may already be (silently) end-of-life'ed by Serato.

If they aren't going to support it any more, they shouldn't be selling it when it's not really compatible anymore.

having said all that I think they may update it at some point. They, at the very minimum, have a statement that says it's not currently supported on AS natively and there is no timeline for when it will be. So that can either be developer speak for ghosting us or a faint signal that at some point they will get around to it when they're not as busy finding ways to cultivate more wannabe DJs.
Old 10-27-2023, 12:20 PM

Still not officially supported :
https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...OS-12-Monterey

What are good alternatives for Dialog without artefacts?
Old 10-27-2023, 02:54 PM

I've been using it on Monterey and Ventura without any issues (in Rosetta mode only).

Melodyne is my other go to but it's not great for everything.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:46 AM

If it should come to pass that my rig would not support Pitch 'n Time Pro, I would keep a separate system just for importing into this amazing app. It's just that good. I have found nothing that can compare. But that's just me.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com