Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Default Some Plug In Settings Not Carrying Over From Protools 7 to 8

I've recently upgraded from Protools 7.4 on a G5 running Tiger to Protools 8 on an Intel Mac running Leopard.

Most sessions carry over ok, but the occasional plug-in will appear with the incorrect settings. For example, in a session that contained the Pitch Plug in- the pitch plugin appeared with default settings except the input was set to -inf. My guess is that it goes to -inf so that you can tell right away that the settings are wrong.

The only other time I've had this problem (so far) was with the Waves L1 Ultramaximizer (its input was also set to -inf).

I even tried opening up the session in PT7 and saving the settings to a file and putting that in my new plug in settings folder on the new computer. When I selected the preset it came up as -inf again. The only way I could get the settings was to take a screenshot on the old computer and enter the settings in manually. This would not work if there was automation, and I'm about to lose the old computer because I'm upgrading that one too (and will therefore lose the HD core cards). (We have 2 studios- one is upgraded already and one is about to be upgraded, later today actually). So if I open another old session later in time, there won't be any way for me to check missing settings.

Anyone know how many plug ins this happens with? And if there's any way (short of opening up sessions in PT7 and writing down the settings) to get the settings back? I'd hate to have to come back to an old session and have plug in settings wiped out.

Thanks.

-Mike