Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2020, 07:24 AM

Default Relink to a different file

Hello everyone,
I am working on several projects where all the location sound is used, and usually is made of different sources:
Stereo top camera mic;
Lapel mics;
Plant mics;
Ambisonics mics.
All these sources are synced in Premiere by the edit department.
Once I receive an AAF from Adobe Premiere, all the audio tracks are mono.
Is is possible to conform relinking all those tracks to they original files?
For instance, the Stereo camera top mic:
I now have a mono track, while I could create a stereo one, drag that clip/region to it an relink it to the stereo file I extracted in BWAV from the original video (maintaining original video file name and length).
Same for the Ambisonics tracks. I now have 4 mono tracks; I could create a 4channels track, copy one of the 4 mono clips and relink it to the original polywav recording.
And so on for the mono lapel and plant mics.
Is anyone using such a workflow or something that can help relinking to the original and have a more organised and manageable session?

Many thanks
Old 03-03-2020, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Relink to a different file

Yes, look up field recorder workflow in the PT manual. Or "field recorder track"

Frank.