Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 PM

Default Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

I tried changing it to "1 Processor" instead of 2. It fixed the constant lagging and jittering of the mouse curser, but if i tried to even play what i was working on, it would say i need to up my CPU usage for PT. I'm confused!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 AM

This is just a thought based on a few experiences I've had with DAE errors. It seems like they're usually related to the info flowing properly from your HD so where/how you have it connected is important. I've fixed DAE problems before by checking all my cables and making sure they're plugged in securely. Little things like that can make a difference it seems.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:19 AM

I just started getting this error out of the blue on my new MacPro. This machine is a monster. 12gb of ram, 24 core, 4x 1TB internal drives....

And yet protools 8.0.4LE refuses to work on it for more than a day or so. Todays issue was it not recognizing the mBox. When it finally did (for no apparent reason) I got Error 743. I tried moving the project around to different drives (internal external) and changing the amount of processors, cache, etc... nothing works. I tried moving the usb port and restarting and PT stopped recognizing the box again.

This issue has been reported now since at least July and there is no official word about a fix. Just anecdotal voodoo fixes from desperate users. I don't want to have to learn a new editing software but this is totally unacceptable. I don't know how AVID gets away with it.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricey91 View Post
Can someone please give a useful reply to this... isn't this what these forums are for??P
now i'm getting it.
any ideas out there.
As noted, it would lovely if the errors built in to the software actually correlated with some kind of support available... ho... and hum...
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 AM

I have a new MacBook Pro and did a test at home and recorded something with the MBOX 2 I am using on the road. I intended to mix while on a 2 month trip now away from home, and I get DAE Error 743 on old projects recorded with my DIGI002 and even on the new things recorded a few days ago.

I am in Thailand now with this and it doesn't work, wasting my time and money... Incredibly frustrating. A long intensive mix of an album has turned into a no work situation.

I have tried switching USB ports, no help, and restarting... I have NOT updated Pro Tools since installing in this machine either.

Please, some Tech on Avid help us....
Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 AM

I bought a brand new USB cable - no help - and installed the cs2 update, which did not remedy the situation. No help available, it seems!

a very disgruntled customer who has run Pro Tools since the Audiomedia card days.

Bert
Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 AM

Talking Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

I ran into this issue yesterday with a friend of mine, and I found a solution that worked.

First we ran JCDeshaies Pref/Database deleter program. http://www.jcdeshaies.com/

Make sure to check the box to delete the "Digisetup" file too. (This is unchecked when you 1st open the program).

After trashing the preferences, emptying the trash, and then restarting we did a PRAM reset. To do the reset you restart your computer, and when the screen is dark (before the apple icon appears) hold down the Apple Key, The Option Key, and the "P", and "R" keys at the same. The computer will "bong" at you as you do this. Let it cycle three or four times then let go. Let the machine reboot, and relaunch Pro Tools.

This solution worked for us... Hope it works for you guys too.

Kelley
Creative Director
Krash Creative Solutions
Old 11-25-2010, 11:22 PM

Kelley
MANY thanks for the informative tip. I did it 3 times, just to make sure, but after each time I still got the same DAE Error 743 Encountered message.
Frustrating. I didn't know about the Prefs deleter you linked to so that was a good one for the future.

Hopefully some other users may benefit from your tip!

Cheers
Bert
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM

I was just wondering if any of us with this problem has deleted 8.0.4 and reinstalled 8.0.1 and gotten it to work ?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:55 PM

downloading 8.0.3 and going to test a reinstall
will post what happens

cheers
Bert