Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 AM

Default How exactly you check plugin compatibility?

I updated to 8.0.3. I did a check on the plugs compatubility. The AIR updates automaticly, the other plugs I have (Amplitube, Melodyne) are updated. I don't get it with Arturia...I thought it updates automaticly.
Ozone (the free one that came with my 003)...what to do with it?

More than this...what can I do?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Default Re: How exactly you check plugin compatibility?

Not sure if I am getting you right, but... just updating to the most current version of a plugin does not mean that the plugin is automatically Digi "approved". Generally you can check plugin compatibility here. All plugins not on that list have to be cleared with the respective developers. Having said that I am not aware of an up-to-date compat list for 8.0.3, unfortunately...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM

Digi told us they are busy updating the list, though, we still don't have the updated compatibility list. I guess they are still working, testing.
You can also email the plugin company, because if something is not on the compatibility grid, it does not automatically mean that it's not compatible. Sometimes 3rd party companies tests their plugs under various systems.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 AM

It looks like my Arturia plugs are not updated.
Although I have really no hopes whatsoever ( since the errors on my system persist from the day1), trying to update Arturia gives me headaches.
On their page at the bottom it stays "Patch Leopard compatibility fix for Pro Tools
Arp 2600 V, CS-80 V, Moog Modular V 2

One I downloaded that, on the screea ot apears " Custom Install on Machintosh HD" I have not chose, nor I had the option. Ant on top of all that...it doesn"t install, it stays ,ute and stupid on my screen.

It´s easy to say "your plugs shoud be updated", but when the plugs YOU put on my computer ( Arturia came with 003)are not updated automaticly or as you see above...I am really dissapointed.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
( since the errors on my system persist from the day1)
I am curious. What are these errors?

If only these plugins are giving you pain why not just drag them to the unused plugins folder as long as they're not updateable? That way you may at least have a chance to use Pro Tools without errors. To really get help here you should post more details, general troubleshooting and so on, but I guess you already know that...