How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Default Problem receiving my PT11 license in my ilok account

Hi,

This is the first time I'm purchasing Pro Tools 11 (student version). It's been a week since I started the activation process. Everything went well with the Identit-e site, received my Pro Tools Student serial number. I also created my iLok account and installed the license manager.

Then, I've been following the instructions in the little booklet provided with the box that includes my EDU activation card and my iLok 2. I went back to my Avid account, clicked on the Download & Activate Product link, put in the serial number, put in my ilok account user ID... and then, nothing! The page says Home>Activate & Download Your Product, but it shows nothing, no download links or whatever. I go to check on my iLok account and I cannot find any license in it. It's like Avid's activation system didn't talk to the iLok licensing system and I can't get any help with it! I've been redoing the process over and over again, thinking that their systems might get back on or something but to no avail.

I know there are people out there who had the same problem as I do. Please help!! I feel like Avid and the reseller just stole my money without giving me any option! (I don't own an ASC code as it's not even a technical issue.)

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Problem receiving my PT11 license in my ilok account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoul View Post
Hi,

This is the first time I'm purchasing Pro Tools 11 (student version). It's been a week since I started the activation process. Everything went well with the Identit-e site, received my Pro Tools Student serial number. I also created my iLok account and installed the license manager.

Then, I've been following the instructions in the little booklet provided with the box that includes my EDU activation card and my iLok 2. I went back to my Avid account, clicked on the Download & Activate Product link, put in the serial number, put in my ilok account user ID... and then, nothing! The page says Home>Activate & Download Your Product, but it shows nothing, no download links or whatever. I go to check on my iLok account and I cannot find any license in it. It's like Avid's activation system didn't talk to the iLok licensing system and I can't get any help with it! I've been redoing the process over and over again, thinking that their systems might get back on or something but to no avail.

I know there are people out there who had the same problem as I do. Please help!! I feel like Avid and the reseller just stole my money without giving me any option! (I don't own an ASC code as it's not even a technical issue.)

Thanks.
Hi

Welcome to the APAC forum

I have seen this before and some users solved this by changing their web browser and trying on a different computer so start by doing that again and use a different web browser and if that fails see if you can try to activate on another computer ..

Hope that works for you aswell

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-04-2013, 03:42 PM

Thanks Christopher for the quick reply!

I'll try your suggestions and hopefully it'll work out for me too.
So I could install PT11 on more than one computer as long as I'm connected to only one at a time with my iLok?

Cheers,
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSoul View Post
Thanks Christopher for the quick reply!

I'll try your suggestions and hopefully it'll work out for me too.
So I could install PT11 on more than one computer as long as I'm connected to only one at a time with my iLok?

Cheers,
Yes exactly but for activating your PT11 you don't have to install PT11 as I understood it you have issues activating from Avids website.

But yes you can have as many installations of PT you want but as you said you need the ilok 2 to be able to start the program

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Many thanks Christopher for your help!

It worked!!
I changed from Firefox to Internet Explorer and I could finally complete my registration process. Yay!! (I'm really happy!)

Hope this thread will help others who are struggling with the same problem.
Avid's activation website will work on Windows with Internet Explorer (tested!) and on MAC, I guess Safari is the browser to use.

Good luck all!