Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM

Default Structure registration problems - Very very very bad Avid Customer Support

Hi,

I recently bought an unopened Digidesign Virtual Instruments Box Set and registered Structure using the Activation code via my My Digi account.

I received the iLok assets to my iLok account but however I can't see Structure listed under My Digi. My Transfuser and CPTK registration appear es expected but no where I can find Structure under My Digi. Yes, I also clicked "view all" in both categories.

I think this is not a major problem and can/should be sorted out easily.
Now here goes the ugly part of the story:

I then registered with and contacted Avid Customer Support on June 16th and filled out a case with all required information.

On June 20th I received an answer from one of the Support guys.
He asked me for my Activation code which i immediately replied.

The next day he added another case response asking:
"Which email address do you use to login to your mydigi account?"

I wondered since Digidesign is a divíson of Avid and I used the same personal information to register both my accounts at Digi and Avid. Anyway I answered his question immediately.

Hours later he once more added another case response:
"Could you give me the password as well ?"

Now that bit made me veeery cautious since I never ever before have seen a customer or user of a system been asked by an administrator of that system for his password.

I think there's something really strange happening here. First all those consequtive questions asked one by one instead of asking all the relevant info in one case response. Then he asks me for my password... WHAT?

I replied to that joke of a case response perplexedly but still kindly.
I haven't heard back from him since June 21st.

Now what should I do? There's a support guy that thinks I'm a stupid customer. I don't know what he's trying to achieve with my personal My Digi login information...

Maybe DigiTechSupport can jump in here..
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Structure registration problems - Very very very bad Avid Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobot View Post
I replied to that joke of a case response perplexedly but still kindly.
I haven't heard back from him since June 21st.
I might add that I didn't give him my password. That would be plain stupid. Anyone in the same situation please beware.. In any system there should not be one situation where any other person - be it an admin or whoever - does need access to YOUR password.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Structure registration problems - Very very very bad Avid Customer Support

Has noone made any experience with (fishy) Avid Customer Support?
Am I doing something wrong with using them to get support for a not properly registering Structure I paid for?

DigiTechSpt want to chime in?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 AM

I haven't had a phone call, but I'm waiting on a reply on an case I posted to the support website a day or two ago.

It's frustrating when you can't even get the product up and running, I know. I am having a problem getting Strike and Velvet to recognize the content files. When I use these plugs in Pro Tools, they have an error message saying "Content Not found", when I *know* the files are OK. Some kind of glitch . . .

It's not too much to ask to get your or my problem fixed! Hang in there, and I agree with how you handled it (no passwords!).

--Terry
Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 AM

OTObot I'd recommend calling Tech Support and explaining the situation. If you have just purchased it and registered it you will get free phone support for 30 days I think.

I find it surprising they'd ask for your password. But I can see they would ask for a service access code. What department was the person you spoke to in?

Thopman, have you run the content locator .exe in the folder which contains your content?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 AM

Yes, I've run the content locator multiple times, reinstalled, trashed preferences, plist, database and volume folders, etc.

I've also tried reinstalling from a new/separate admin account on my Mac, in case there were something wrong with the old one. Nothing has helped thus far . . .

Terry
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopman View Post
Yes, I've run the content locator multiple times, reinstalled, trashed preferences, plist, database and volume folders, etc.

I've also tried reinstalling from a new/separate admin account on my Mac, in case there were something wrong with the old one. Nothing has helped thus far . . .

Terry
Sorry I just read your other thread - should leave it there rather than hijacking the OP's thread. Just for the record though, I've never had the problems you're experiencing.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopman View Post
I haven't had a phone call, but I'm waiting on a reply on an case I posted to the support website a day or two ago.

It's frustrating when you can't even get the product up and running, I know. I am having a problem getting Strike and Velvet to recognize the content files. When I use these plugs in Pro Tools, they have an error message saying "Content Not found", when I *know* the files are OK. Some kind of glitch . . .

It's not too much to ask to get your or my problem fixed! Hang in there, and I agree with how you handled it (no passwords!).

--Terry

Thanks for your response, Terry! Actually Structure is working as far as I can see.. the problem is that it isn't properly registered in My Digi and I can't see it there. I paid for it so IMO it has to be properly registered for future upgrades/updates. The other problem is the very strange support I got from Avid.
Hope your issues with Strike and Velvet get sorted out quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking View Post
OTObot I'd recommend calling Tech Support and explaining the situation. If you have just purchased it and registered it you will get free phone support for 30 days I think.

I find it surprising they'd ask for your password. But I can see they would ask for a service access code. What department was the person you spoke to in?

Thanks for your response too, pezking!
I registered Structure on July 14th, so I should be eligible to receive support. I will try reaching Tech Support. Hope it's Digi and not someone from Avid though.. plus I hope my spoken english comes close to what I can describe in written english :)
The support guy (I won't name him publicly) asked for the Activation Code, which I think is pretty normal and I supplied my legit code. I even supllied my My Digi login email address. But asking for my password is actually unbelievable.
I don't know what department he was in, only that he seems to take care of cases in Avid's ticket system that have to do with Registration & Transfer of Ownership of Digi AIR plugins.

Kind regards
Orkan
Old 07-23-2009, 12:57 PM

DigiTechSupt?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobot View Post
Has noone made any experience with (fishy) Avid Customer Support?
Am I doing something wrong with using them to get support for a not properly registering Structure I paid for?

DigiTechSpt want to chime in?
Can you give me the confirmation numbers from your support submission requests?

I, of course, could try to search it using the email address in your account here on the DUC, but I don't know that it would be the same one used for your support requests, or for your MyDigi account.