Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 07:21 AM

Default Submixing with Aux\'s ....quality loss?

Hi All,

Just wondering what people experiance was with submixing , say vocals and music into aux's. Does the extra summing cause a significant quality loss?

I am trying to find a good way to get some groups happening. Mix Groups are a bit of a pain for two reasons, as you build you mix, how do you add to an existing group? Also , grouping when tracks some tracks have automation mean you would have to right automation to other tracks when you need to trim. I would rather avoid that to keep the fader 'free moving' until I really need to write automation.
The one other issue I have with Aux's is they do not buss like a master fader ie, when the mix gets hot, you can't just turn down the master until it stops clipping. This is a pain.

I wish I could find a way that worked as conviniently as the SSL VCA groups work.

Any ideas?

Ramesh
www.songzu.com