Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Eucon -> Protools

Yeah soon just like Euphonix said Soon for PC support two years ago adn still never happened.

Right now the Artist Series is only worth owning if you are a Logic user. Their made for each other. That's the Eucon Protocol. IF Avid have bought the company and don't make the Eucon fully functional with PT's then what's the point. You would actually be much better off using a Mackie.

The whole point of Eucon is how well it integrates with every single function in Logic. It really becomes part of the software. A combination o fthe MC Control and the MC Mix is inbeatable. only if your a logic user. All the workaround stuff is nonsense compared to the real deal.

I have Cubase 5 on a Mac, but I cant use the artist series to control soft synths and theres various other functions missing. Not so with Logic, theres nothing it wont control. It was always and still is (for the moment) highly Logic centric. It was as if Apple made it specifically for Logic.

But things look like their going to change...

This must be Avid saying to Apple, NO you wont control the market..hehe
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM

@ Xuser

The integration with Cubase and Nuendo is actually really really deep.

Cubase and Nuendo have a Studio/Monitor section that Maps to the CR knob - Logic does not have this.

Also do not forget that the DYN knobset is not available in logic. It IS in Nuendo and Cubase.

The Wheel edit functions available in Cubase and Nuendo are also more in depth.

The Artist Series works well with Metric Halo MIO also.

I would disagree with your statement that EuCon is Logic-centric. Far from it!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Eucon, and euphonix pro tools support please!!!!

I'm sure i'm like a lot of people and really want to buy a good functioning MC MIX.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:11 PM

ok Im done waiting
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 AM

I'm planning on buying a MC Control+MC mix system for my PT HD2,
but before I invest the money, I would need some word from Euphonix/Digi/Avid about the schedule of "EuCon for PT".
And also, what's the deal with MC Control mk2? Will mk1 be not supported in the future?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Avid

Thumbs up Re: Eucon -> Protools

MC Control v1 will still work. Functionally, v2 will be the same but the hardware will be much better.

The mkII screen is much improved. The backlit LED screen is brighter, better color, better viewing angle, etc... and better build quality.

The new encoders require less initial inertia to rotate which makes them feel much much smoother.

The Jog wheel is also improved.

All MC Control mkI's will continue to work.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuCon Support View Post
MC Control v1 will still work. Functionally, v2 will be the same but the hardware will be much better.

The mkII screen is much improved. The backlit LED screen is brighter, better color, better viewing angle, etc... and better build quality.

The new encoders require less initial inertia to rotate which makes them feel much much smoother.

The Jog wheel is also improved.

All MC Control mkI's will continue to work.
All well and good but still says nothing about the topic at hand - when Eucon support for PT? For that matter - how about any Euphonix support for pc daws (where PT is useable as well)?

QAPLA!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM

I'm looking at the MC Control and Mix (if a deal doesn't fall through my Control 24 will be sold this week!!!)

Ilookesd at the mackies, but nothing available until late June... same delivery issue with the Presonus 24 channel unit (not sure if I can be that patient) and the Euphonix looks good, I especially like the compact footprint (it'll be like being in a new room with the Control 24 gone

I'm wondering if the Eucon folks can comment on whether any enhancements will work on PPC's, as I'm not quite ready to buy a new computer, my G5 is only 4 years old and works fine, even though I can't upgrade PTLE anymore (and at some point I'll replace the Mac... but I want to wait and see what the next generation of G5's will be... which seems ought to be another year or so based on past product releases?)
Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
All well and good but still says nothing about the topic at hand - when Eucon support for PT? For that matter - how about any Euphonix support for pc daws (where PT is useable as well)?
All of it will be ready... tomorrow!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm guessing this will be a paid upgrade on the protools platform. Why not squeeze 50 bucks out of everyone?

Know that as soon as I verify whatever upgrade works on my system and the reports trickle in that the mc control works I will buy. It will be at the top of my list. Take that to the share holders

will the 5.0 panner work?