Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-16-2003, 09:56 PM

Default "Unable to create a DAE deck"

Just made the upgrade to OS 10.2.4 and installed PT 6.0. After rebooting the machine, and trying to open PT, I get the error message "Unable to create a DAE deck" and PT shuts down.

Here is the system info.
Digi001
Dual 800 G4 Quicksilver
768 MB RAM
80GB Master/120GB slave
OS9 and OS X are on separate partitions of the Master drive .

From what I understand, that message occurs when PT cannot communicate with the audio interface. The unit is connected properly and was previously working fine in OS 9.2.2

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-17-2003, 07:53 AM

Default Re: "Unable to create a DAE deck"

I've got a similar problem. I installed pro-tools LE 6.0 on OSX.2 last night and it begins booting up before it decides the Mbox is 'in use by another program' and quits automatically. There are no other programs running. Why can't anything ever work properly straight off?

Digidesign surely can't expect people to trash PTLE 5.2.3 on OS9.2.2 so that they can work in OSX?!! We need to mix with our old plug-ins!

For those of you lucky enough to try PTLE 6 what is the real-time pitch shifting effect like? Is it similar to Antares Auto-Tune?

If, PT6 turns out to be a pain, I'm gonna buy Cubase SX because that has great editing capabilities, but does it work with the Mbox?
Old 02-18-2003, 06:59 PM

Still cant figure this out...

Does anyone out there have a solution to this problem??

The digi001 still works inside of 9.2.2. Just cant create a DAE Deck in 10.2.4

Any help would be appreciated..
Old 02-18-2003, 08:15 PM

usually that is a syptom of not seeing the hardware. I've had some weird bugs with PT6. Try trashing the prefs, and throw out all of the "digidesign database" directories that are at the root level of all your partitions. Also try unplugging, then plugging back in the MBox, or shutting down and reseating the Digi001 card. I was able to get my MBox system back up, but then had some wierd white noise spikes...still haven't sorted that one out.

If you're serious about alternatives, I'd suggest Logic over Cubase. Learning curve is steeper, but Cubase on the Mac side has issues (and may always imho). fwiw Logic 5.5 has been very well behaved under 10.2.3 and 10.2.4.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:14 AM

This happened to me as well. I had forgotten to plug in my Mbox before opening the PTLE app. It has work fine if I plug my Mbox in first.
Mitch
Old 02-19-2003, 11:09 AM
Avid

Hello,

Make sure you are running OS X.2.3. Earlier version of OS X.2 may cause this error to come up.

Also, make sure your date is set correctly on the Mac.

You may also want to try uninstalling and reinstall Pro Tools. The PT 6.0 installer also has an uninstaller as part of the installer. Click on Custom and uninstall Pro Tools before reinstalling.

Mike
Old 02-19-2003, 11:44 AM

I've had this problem but only when using PT with other programs.

For example, if I launch CubaseSX first and *then* launch PTLE6.0, I will get the 'DAE Error'.

After restarting the computer, I launched MIDIPatchbay first, *then* launched PTLE and I still got the error.

After rebooting again, I launch PTLE FIRST and it works just fine. So it seems that if another app launched the MIDIServices, then DAE freaks out. That is my poorman's debugging anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:04 AM

I installed PTLE6 and it kept asking prompting me to authorize DigiTranslator (which I didn't install). I looked for a DigiTranslator plug in, didn't see it, and was confused. I finally called Digi tech support and they told me to remove the OMF.dll file.

The Digi tech guy said that some people have been reporting "can't create DAE deck" problems whenever they choose to install the Answerbase data. My solution was to de-install PTLE6 (via the installer program) and reinstall.

hope this helps,
dave patterson